Author Topic: Baggage loading in progress never ends  (Read 7993 times)

captain420

Baggage loading in progress never ends
« on: June 08, 2017, 12:09:18 am »
Not sure what's going on, but I am trying to perform a pushback but it keeps on waiting for 4-Passangers Boarded. Baggage loading in progress, but the cargo/baggage has been loaded a long time ago, however the cargo lifting guy is still there and isn't moving away, and also the staircar for rear entry door 5 on the left side of the plane is also there. It's stuck.

I also called for fuel truck, but it's waiting for this process to finish up first. I am using the latest GSX 2 with PMDG 747 v3 on P3D v4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Baggage loading in progress never ends
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 12:30:10 am »
Not possible to help you without knowing all the following:

- The total weight of the airplane when you called boarding

- Your Boarding timing settings in GSX

I tried it just now, using the "Short" preset of the PMDG 747 in P3D V4, and passengers boarded well before cargo, and I could start pushback normally. What was you exact sequence of operations ?

captain420

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 01:56:59 am »
Boarding times are default, I haven't changed any settings there.

Weight of the plane is 397.2kg (GW), Fuel 173530kg

Anyways I started all over again... I loaded put the plane into SHORT panel state...

i hit capslock to bring up GSX, i start with board passengers, and then i call the catering truck, and then i call the fuel trucks.
After the passengers finish boarding, I see the catering trucks, and then the baggae and cargo trucks arrive... TheI proceed to open all the necessary doors. The catering trucks finishes loading the food, and then I close doors 1R and 5R, and then they drive off... now I wait for the cargo/baggae to finish loading, and after they are done, they baggage truck drives off, and the cargo loader moves away from the plane, and thats it. I am still waiting for something from GSX, but nothing. I even try to close the AFT/FWD cargo doors to see if that would complete the step but it's still stuck.

https://s14.postimg.org/q4kw9mwup/stuck.jpg
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:15:40 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 10:27:51 am »
The problem was the refuel freezing the program, but this should have been fixed in Live Update 3 days ago, try to run it again, and note if it's downloading an updated Couatl.exe.

captain420

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 06:18:36 pm »
Okay, I'll try that and see if that fixes the problem... But i do recall running the FSDT live update recently. Anyways, I'll run it again to see and report back.

captain420

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 11:41:58 pm »
Okay so far I think updating fixed the problem, however now the fuel truck seems to be stuck, and is not leaving... i get a message that says to refuel using the planes system, which I did. I am using the FMC to set the fuel, but the fuel process is stuck now. It keeps saying Fuel Truck is in position.

UPDATE: It works when I enter the FMC and FUEL page and select either LOW MEDIUM OR FULL preset for fuel, after that GSX pops up with a banner saying that it's refueling. However when I try to manually enter in my FUEL of 15745kg, it doesn't do anything?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:52:40 pm by captain420 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 09:21:03 am »
However when I try to manually enter in my FUEL of 15745kg, it doesn't do anything?

That's likely because you already had more than that in the tanks. If the difference between the fuel you have and the fuel you had is negative, the Truck won't do anything and will go away.

But this also depends HOW the airplane is loading the fuel you entered. If it's loading instantly, the GSX fuel truck will surely detect it. But if it's loading it progressively, it will be detected ONLY if you select the "Detect Custom aircraft system refueling" option in the GSX Settings, which is turned off by default, because it could be confused by some 3rd party airplane that constantly adjust their fuel quantity.

captain420

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 11:36:12 am »
So for PMDG planes like 737, 747 and 777 would you suggest to have that feature enabled then? I get my fuel predictions from my flight plan in PFPX, so thats what I enter into the FMC to load my fuel, and it's instant. I want to be able to have GSX start and finish the fuel loading process, because this is how I normally do it. So as of right now when I am doing a short flight and have to enter in a fuel amount thats lower than what's currently in my plane, then activating the fueling process won't do nothing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 12:27:49 pm »
So for PMDG planes like 737, 747 and 777 would you suggest to have that feature enabled then? I get my fuel predictions from my flight plan in PFPX, so thats what I enter into the FMC to load my fuel, and it's instant.

As I've said, that option is relevant only if the airplane is loading the fuel progressively.

So as of right now when I am doing a short flight and have to enter in a fuel amount thats lower than what's currently in my plane, then activating the fueling process won't do nothing?

Of course. How GSX could decide how much and for how much time to refuel, if your loaded quantity is lower than what you had before ?

The obvious solution, is to create a default startup flight with empty tanks.