Author Topic: Strange lag spike?  (Read 10511 times)

trisho0

Re: Strange lag spike?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 03:29:17 am »
Hi all,

Just purchased this airport. I thought i'd do a little test flight so i was just flying around the airport and whenever i do an overly of the scenery i get a really bad lag spike. Its like i am quickly pausing and un-pausing the sim.

Has anyone else had this issue?

That's exactly the issue I got today after purchasing the FSDT KCLT scenery installed in FSX SP2. Not sure if because after launched to Charlotte KCLT it loads as garbled scenery and after a few seconds it becomes normal scenery. Then, I start flying around the airport and started with lag spikes, stop and go, some ground flickering around, really is bad. After reading this thread I tried to raise the Anti-Pop Setting from 1 to 2, then to 15 and then to 30, no differences. The Compensate Object Altitude was disabled since installed the airport. I did test with COA enabled and no differences. Disabled the KCLT from the FSX Library and the KCLT default doesn't show such lag spikes.

If someone come across and found the solution please, post it in here. Please ………………..
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:31:37 am by trisho0 »

trisho0

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2018, 04:15:28 am »
Well i can tell you 10000% that the AntiPop line in my fsx.cfg, the one I've used since PHNL, was not doing a thing for KCLT or KMEM

Have you read my previous message ? That's precisely what I said: the AntiPop line in the FSX.CFG is NOT USED ANYMORE, because the setting is now moved into the Couatladdons.ini file, which is located in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

and once I opened up Add-on Manager, all FSDT airports showed a value of =1. So there is something fishy about it.

That's precisely what is supposed to be.

By default, under FSX, the value is 1 but, as I've said, if you used the Addon Manager *slider*, which is what you are supposed to do, instead of manually tweaking a file (the fsx.cfg) which is not used anymore, it would be saved and used in the new location automatically. It would just work...

I have the exact problem in FSX SP2. After reading this thread and actions taken like Anti-pop setting it didn't work. Still pauses all the time. All my other FSDT sceneries don't have that pauses. KCLT pauses too much all the time while flying around. Is there a file from scenery folder doing that and can be renamed to off until new update comes?

trisho0

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 12:25:48 am »
I think I should reinstall the KCLT in FSX to find if the flying pauses stop. Should I uninstall it first?

trisho0

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 01:07:42 am »
I uninstalled the KCLT from FSX and P3Dv4 completely. Reinstalled over again and FSX still with lag spikes (pauses every 3 to 8 seconds all the time while flying on the KCLT airport.
Maybe some of the FSX scenery settings? I don't know what to do ….
Please, how to remedy? KCLT is the only scenery doing that, it's non flyable so far …...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 04:54:53 am »
Not sure if because after launched to Charlotte KCLT it loads as garbled scenery and after a few seconds it becomes normal scenery.

This is entirely normal.

Then, I start flying around the airport and started with lag spikes, stop and go, some ground flickering around, really is bad. After reading this thread I tried to raise the Anti-Pop Setting from 1 to 2, then to 15 and then to 30, no differences. The Compensate Object Altitude was disabled since installed the airport.

This is not and it's not normal you wouldn't see any difference by changing the Anti-popup value. Note that, you might have to Restart Couatl to see the changes to the anti-popup value.

Try to disable ground traffic and 3d cars on parkings from the YouControl menu and see if there's any difference.

trisho0

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2018, 07:38:45 pm »
Tried again by opening addon manager then sliding anti-pop to 8. I had to select save in FSX to be success. I restarted FSX and lag spikes went fine so far.

What instruction the addon manager saved in FSX configuration?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 11:07:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2018, 11:10:37 pm »
What instruction the addon manager saved in FSX configuration?

Nothing, if you changed only the Anti popup and the other settings you see in the box labeled "Addon Manager Tweaks - applied only to sceneries handled by the Addon Manager", because these settings are saved in our CouatlAddons.INI file under %APPDATA%\Virtuali.

The other tweaks, labeled "Sim Tweaks - applied globally for all sceneries", will be saved in the FSX.CFG, but only after you explicitly enabled them first and then pressed Save. Nothing in the FSX.CFG is changed automatically, unless you said so.