Author Topic: Crash on taxiway (over bridge) on the way to/from 36L/18R **SOLVED**  (Read 7758 times)

Shom

Hi,
I get a crash on the taxiway connecting 36L/18R runway with the terminal area exactly over the bridge (right before the crash, plane isn't stable as if the ground isn't straight).
I have Mesh complexity set to 100 and mesh resolution set to 5m as advised in the manual.

Shom
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 08:14:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Crash on taxiway (over bridge) on the way to/from 36L/18R **SOLVED**
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:14:14 pm »
Fixed in the current Live Update, just start it from the FSDT Live Update icon on the Desktop.

Shom

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:08:43 am »
Thanks for the quick reply however the latest update caused a new problem specifically with KIAH scenery.
After I ran the live update I got the following Couatl error when scenery came up -

couatl v3.2 (build 3827)
panic log started on Thu Jun  8 09:06:00 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{}
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW2_Static'

I was prompted and suggested to download and run the addon manager separately which I did but it did not fix the issue.

Forgot to mention KIAH was working fine before running the live update. Reinstalling KIAH did not solve the issue as well.

Thanks,

Shom

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:16:32 am by Shom »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 09:44:52 am »
The error seems to be caused by not having run the FSDT Live Update, because we added a new jetway model at KIAH, and the Live Update is supposed to download it.

Please check again, and note if the new jetway models are being downloaded.

Shom

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 10:02:42 am »
I've run the Live update 3 hours ago and ran into this issue right before posting this. Was this fix added in the last 3 hours?

Shom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 10:05:58 am »
It was added just before I posted. From this other message of yours:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15857.msg113926.html#msg113926

It seems that Live Update is not working for you. Maybe you have some kind of connection problem, such a firewall blocking it or something like that ?

Try this:

- Remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

- Run the Live update again.

Shom

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 10:08:51 am »
OK will try this later.
Do I need in addition to Reinstall KIAH or restart my computer in the process?

Shom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 10:11:51 am »
The whole point of the Live Update, is that you don't have to reinstall anything.

Shom

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 10:59:20 pm »
I've deleted the cache folder, ran the live update and the issue in KCLT seems resolved (I get some mild bumping but no crash) which means the live update did work.
However KIAH issue still persists - the loading scenery objects screen gets gets stuck at 1% and then I get the same couatl error -

couatl v3.2 (build 3827)
panic log started on Thu Jun  8 23:54:21 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{}
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW2_Static'

What can be the issue?

Forgot to mention I am running FSX SP2

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:00:52 pm by Shom »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 09:41:50 am »
which means the live update did work.

Unfortunately, it's not that simple. The Live Update might work but, in order to make it as fast and reliable as possible, we run over a CDN network, with multiple servers spread around the word, so users won't get the same files at the same time.

So, it's possible there might be a delay on your local server (the service it's Cloudflare), which still hasn't got the KIAH update.

What can be the issue?

That the Live Update didn't work for KIAH, for the reasons explained above. You simply must retry Live Update, and you'll eventually the updated files.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:44:42 am by virtuali »

Shom

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 11:17:37 am »
OK just updated and it still does not work. I will keep trying and update once successful.
Is there a SLA (with AWS) defining until when someone should get all files? When do I know I indeed got all updates and the issue may be caused by something else?
Generally I think it is problematic the Live update downloads the files in parts because then you can easily get into a situation where some of the airports "break" for a period of time.

Nice weekend to all

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 12:35:10 pm »
Is there a SLA (with AWS) defining until when someone should get all files?

No, AWS is not the problem, but you don't access to Amazon directly, there's the Cloudflare distribution network on top of it so, it seems you local Cloudflare node might have issues or being delayed.

When do I know I indeed got all updates and the issue may be caused by something else?

No, it seems you are only missing the update for the KIAH jetways. Try to remove this file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_Jetway\sim.cfg

Assuming you installed in the default folder. Then run Live Udpate again. What do you get ? The correct file which is online noew is 461 bytes long.

Shom

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 01:00:00 pm »
I removed it and actually the folder did not get populated with any new sim.cfg file at all after running the live update

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 01:05:44 pm »
Then the issue is not your local server being outdated (it should have got you the outdated version of the file), but some software in your system, which is most likely an antivirus, firewall or a similar security related product, which is preventing the Live Update from  downloading anything, so you must disable them all, or give explicit permission to both the 2 Couatl_updater*.exe to access the internet.

Shom

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 01:32:08 pm »
It does not work - I've disabled all Avast shields and turned off Windows firewall and still no file is being populated.
I've noticed the Live updater indicates I have all matching files while browsing through the airport files.
All of this does not make sense since KIAH was working fine until I've run the Live update to update the KCLT issue 2 days ago (so how could it be the Live updater did not work? Obviously something changed)
Otherwise KCLT crash issue should have persisted.
For example I do see the following folders were changed yesterday (June 8th) when browsing them via date modified -
FSDT_SafeGate
FSDT_KIAH
FSDT_KIAH_VHE

The rest were updated on June 1st. So then again I don't see KCLT folders were updated at all so how could the crash issue be resolved.

I am really confused :-(