Author Topic: FSX-SE: Weird issues after upgrading to the latest major vers of Addon Manager.  (Read 3232 times)

viperxbr

Greetings,

So after doing the latest major upgrade of the Addon Manager and installing GSX, I decided to just spawn up at KMEM with the kite and do a quick fly around to see if everything looks fine.  The scenery loaded up fine, after installing GSX(unpaid version), but when I took off with the kite, I was getting some severe stutters.  Not the typical small rapid ones but multiple single split second pauses as I was flying around.  Almost like there was something trying to load up and taking CPU cycles away from the sim.  Never had that before the update.

The second problem I experienced was when I exited the sim after doing the fly around above, it CTD'd on me.  Again, first time.

I've tested these issues by doing the following:

-Restarted the sim at another non-FSDT airport and did a fly around.  No stutters and no CTD upon exiting.
-Restarted the sim at another FSDT airport, CYVR, and did a fly around.  No stutters and no CTD upon exiting.
-Restarted the sim at KMEM again and did a fly around.  Same stutters and same CTD upon exiting.
-Reinstalled KMEM, GSX and standalone Addon Manager, restarted the sim at KMEM and did a fly around.   Same stutters and same CTD upon exiting.

Not too sure what else to try.  It seems to be pretty much isolated with KMEM.  If I get a chance tonight, I can try another FSDT airport and see.

Let me know.

Thanks,
Todd.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:01:04 pm by viperxbr »
Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We cannot see any crash.

It's strange you see you never had stutters in KMEM, considering that most FSX users reported this.

But now, you can reduce it A LOT, by raising the Anti-pop slider, obviously with a greater risk of OOM (surely not in the Ultralight...). And, you can reduce it even further, by deselecting the "compensate object altitude" in the KMEM YouControl menu,

viperxbr

We cannot see any crash.

It's strange you see you never had stutters in KMEM, considering that most FSX users reported this.

But now, you can reduce it A LOT, by raising the Anti-pop slider, obviously with a greater risk of OOM (surely not in the Ultralight...). And, you can reduce it even further, by deselecting the "compensate object altitude" in the KMEM YouControl menu,

I believe the biggest difference with myself and most other FSX users is I've never used and nor had the requirement to use GSX before until now.  I think that is the contributing factor here.  It offers nothing that I require to fly other than maybe the pushback feature but even then I find the default FSX pushback sufficient.  The rest, IMHO, is for those like to make videos.

Since it's a requirement, I've installed it and now I'm experiencing these issues.
Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Since it's a requirement, I've installed it and now I'm experiencing these issues.

GSX didn't and doesn't have anything to do with this. The only thing that affects this, is the  Anti-pop slider and the "compensate object altitude" option.