Author Topic: Problem with editing AFCAD Airline Codes at JFK using ADE! Help!!!  (Read 5636 times)

Sun_King_135

Hi.

I am new to this forum and new to the fsx. As I couldnĀ“t find anything which could help me and had a few crashes with ADE and FSXPlanner, I finally decided to ask it here.

I tried to edit the JFK AFCAD "Ap_JFK" with ADE and it worked fine, until I wanted to e-compile it back to a bgl. At this point it stated that it could not create the bgl as there were some errors with the runways, frequencies, Aerobridges etc. and therefore could not do it. It is very desperate as the original file worked fine with the scenery.

All I want is to change the Airlinecode, nothing more and nothing less.

1.) Is it recommended to get the AFX by Flight1?
2.) Is there another file or similar which I have overseen?
3.) Are there other tools or ways to change the parking codes only?
4.) Could one of you help me on this by either taking over my saved ADE file and or converting my old FS) file into FSX in order to complete this?

Please help me on this, as this bug is destroying the fun a lot. :)

Any help would be appreciated a lot. :)

Kind regards.

-STEFAN-SUN_KING_
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 07:07:06 pm by Sun_King_135 »

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: Problem with editing AFCAD Airline Codes at JFK using ADE! Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 08:57:07 pm »
I get the same issues.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 10:19:49 pm »
This question doesn't have much to do with JFK scenery, because it would more be a question for ADE (or whatever you use to edit AFCAD files), how to use it, how to install it properly, and how to be sure the version you have is correct.

I've just tried opening the AP_KJFK.BGL that comes with our JFK scenery with the current version of ADE, which is 1.37.5, added an airline code to a gate, than compiled it back to BGL, it worked just fine and created the BGL without any problems. And, to be sure even more, I've reopened the compiled .BGL with ADE again, and it showed up just fine.

So, I don't know what you are doing but, I can only confirm that, our original unmodified AFCAD, can be safely opened, edited and compiled again with the current version of ADE. Of course, if you are trying to open a replacement BGL with the same name, which came from somewere else, we can't obviously have any idea how that file was done.

If you are not fully sure how to edit a BGL yourself, then just don't do it, report to us what you would like to be changed, and we'll try to do it ourselves.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 11:19:56 pm »
Mine now work fine. I didnt notice that I had 2 different afcads installed for JFK. One default and one for FSDT. I thought I had deleted the default one, but I guess not. Simple mistake

Thanks for the help