Author Topic: Something iffy with ground & angle/lighting in P3DV4  (Read 7641 times)

georgek

Something iffy with ground & angle/lighting in P3DV4
« on: June 06, 2017, 05:13:12 am »
I have ORBX SCA installed in the region. I was over at their comaptibaility forum and performed what they say wil make KLAX work with that addon. Reading the forum they also said that FSDT said we no longer have to do it (or something a long those lines).

Any who, I was wondering if anyone from support can give me a hand on how I tackle this. Have a look at my video upload.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:14:01 pm by georgek »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Something iffy with ground & angle/lighting in P3DV4
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:04:36 am »
I don't see any problems in your video.

It's just that, with dynamic lights, the normal maps on ground, which were originally made when the sim didn't use any normal maps at night, now appears too strong, so we might just have to tone them down a bit.

georgek

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 04:16:49 pm »
Just want to confirm we're looking at the same thing.

In the video you can only really see it on full screen and on 1080p.

It looks like something is trying to compete with a ground texture. It could be AA on that ground texture. Looks and feels horrendous when in front of my 4K panel. Something is definitely iffy. Both when HDR lights on & off. Ill see if I can get some more videos of really demonstrating it tonight.

Ive been a license holder of this product for quite some time and used the same compatibility techniques to get it all working well in the past. I have never seen this before.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 05:15:55 pm by georgek »

Julean

• The Newbie from 2008 :-)
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 01:16:58 am »
Hi
Socal Orbx and FSdreamteam Klax seems to be conflicting.. What to do?
And I read you talked about wheels in the ground and strange light effect.
Which I see to. But we are wainting for FTX Vector and maybe that will solve something.

Here are some pictures.

P3D v4 made my first prober approach to LA ever...  :D

Thank you

Jens
Julean, Frederiksberg, CPH - Denmark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 09:37:29 am »
And I read you talked about wheels in the ground and strange light effect.

As I already said in my previous message, with dynamic lights, the normal maps on ground, which were originally made when the sim didn't use any normal maps at night, now appears too strong, so we might just have to tone them down a bit.

The wheels on ground, which is something you can really notice only with small planes, it's done to prevent ground flickering. This could be prevented by making a native P3D version of the scenery, which is something we'll consider doing in the future.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 02:43:14 pm »
Try to run the Live Update now, we remade the ground texture normal maps, to work better with P3D V4 lighting. To fix the sinking wheels, we would need a proper update, so it will take a bit more of time to do that.

mohammedkaafar

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 11:31:05 am »
Try to run the Live Update now, we remade the ground texture normal maps, to work better with P3D V4 lighting. To fix the sinking wheels, we would need a proper update, so it will take a bit more of time to do that.

could you please take a look on CYVR, i also have strange effects when using dynamic lighting in vancouver(only on taxiways)

CaptKornDog

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 04:37:17 am »
I noticed a line that runs through all of KLAX with different lighting and textures when it rains.

http://i.imgur.com/73NAuJ7.png
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:27:20 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 11:27:40 am »
I noticed a line that runs through all of KLAX with different lighting and textures when it rains.

We'll check this.

sidfadc

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 12:58:43 pm »

I'm also experiencing runway texture flickering at KLAX using Dynamic lights on the 737 NGX.  I have run the live updater but the problem persists?  Any ideas

Thanks
Sid

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2017, 06:58:12 pm »
I'm also experiencing runway texture flickering at KLAX using Dynamic lights on the 737 NGX.  I have run the live updater but the problem persists? 

I'm sorry but, the version of the texture which is online now, has the textures remade to not have any flickering with dynamic lights in P3DV4. Assuming with "flickering" you mean an heavy moire effect of the *textures*, which appears only with landing lights on. This is surely fixed now.

sidfadc

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2017, 05:07:10 pm »
ok well I'm assuming the fix has been deployed through the FSDT live update or do I have to download the full scenery again?  I've just run the live update (last time around when I made the last post when the issue was still there).  I'll try it again and backup with a video if the issue is still present to make sure we talking about the same thing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2017, 10:24:53 am »
ok well I'm assuming the fix has been deployed through the FSDT live update or do I have to download the full scenery again?

Yes, of course. It has been fixed with Live Update, and everybody that reported this on Avsim ( a while ago ), said the moire flickering effects at night disappeared after the fix.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:43:03 am by virtuali »