Author Topic: No ILS Approach possible  (Read 5825 times)

jetset

No ILS Approach possible
« on: February 27, 2009, 01:20:07 pm »
Hi,

I have updated LSGG to with the latest version (1.1) but I cannot fly any ILS Approach anymore. If I want to choose some approach procedure in the default GPS I have a empty screen and no choice to select any kind of approach. Any ideas ? Thx in advance

Rgds
Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No ILS Approach possible
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 01:59:17 pm »
Just tried, and it works fine here.

It's nothing that can be caused by the scenery, because the only way to affect Approaches is by means of the AFCAD file and, the AFCAD that comes with Geneva, doesn't include any new approaches, doesn't redefine any of the existing ones, and has the "deleteAllApproaches" flag in the "DeleteAirport" section set to FALSE, meaning it will not affect in any way the default approaches.

So, it must be some other AFCAD you installed that might have done something like this.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 02:59:17 pm by virtuali »

jetset

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 02:53:14 pm »
Ok thx for your info. How I can look for a double AFCAD File which I may have ? How it is called ? Thx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 02:58:45 pm »
It's better if you use a dedicated utility to scan for double AFCADs, like this FAS Airport Scanner here:

http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/index.html

jetset

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 04:28:45 pm »
I used the tool but without success....find nothing :-(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 04:44:41 pm »
I'm sorry, but other that confirming that it can't be anything in the scenery, because there's nothing in there that deals in any way with approaches, I don't know what might be the problem. Perhaps it's your default AFCAD that has been corrupted ? In this case, you might try to use that utility to identify the AP*.BGL file for LSGG, and try recovering it from the FSX CD.