FSDreamTeam forum
August 15, 2018, 01:21:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing ground vehicles and containers kills the immersion.  (Read 3760 times)
Volkira

« on: June 05, 2017, 11:12:35 PM »

I just picked up Zurich and Geneva for Prepar3d v4.

Zurich has containers,vehicles and other clutter disappear and vanish every time I use my hat switch to rotate the view.Just a couple degrees can be the difference of viewing objects or having them vanish in your view.It really kills the airport for me.
This happens everywhere not just one or two places.The containers scattered around the airport are the worse sufferers of this event.
Geneva on the other hand doesn't have this issue.
stripealipe

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 01:05:58 AM »

Yep, i'm getting exactly the same issue. I literally pan a little away and ground vehicles, luggage etc just disappear... very annoying.. any ideas anyone?
stripealipe

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 09:17:15 PM »

Just bumping this as there has been no acknowledgement..  just checking you're seeing what we see and things are in hand! Thanks.... quite a serious bug going on it seeems..
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »

We'll obviously check this but, since it's really a minor issue, we were just replying to the most pressing questions first.

In fact, it's amazing that a 10 years old scenery like this would even work in P3D V4, since it started as an FS9 product, and got updated (for free) through 3 generations of simulators, FSX, FSX:SE, P3D and P3D V4.

stripealipe

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 12:53:03 PM »

Thanks Umberto, would really appreciate you looking into it for us. And wow, i had no idea this scenery was so old.. i've only recently purchased 8 of your airports in your sale after checking they had P3D v4 installers and so just assumed they'd be pretty much fully working, aside from the odd bug here and there due to the v4 code.
maggussje

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 11:31:26 AM »

We'll obviously check this but, since it's really a minor issue, we were just replying to the most pressing questions first.

In fact, it's amazing that a 10 years old scenery like this would even work in P3D V4, since it started as an FS9 product, and got updated (for free) through 3 generations of simulators, FSX, FSX:SE, P3D and P3D V4.

Hi all,

First of all I want to say thank you for your amazing work regarding add-ons. After a more than 15-years break I started flight simming again because of the release of P3D v4.

I am, however, facing the same issues with the scenery in LSZH. These are flickering parts of buildings, disappearing ground vehicles when changing the FOV, people doing a moon-walk upside down (Gate E42 for instance) and so on.

@virtuali: I do understand that the scenery is quite old and went through several generations of MS FS and P3D. However, it is labeled as compatible with P3D v4 and there are also customers like me who didn't profit from (free) updates of the product in the past but rather relied on its compatibility in v4 and for that reason purchased it right now.

I just hope that the issues will be addressed anytime soon, even though I completely agree that they're not first priority for you.

Thank you and keep up the good work
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 11:32:27 AM »

However, it is labeled as compatible with P3D v4 and there are also customers like me who didn't profit from (free) updates of the product in the past but rather relied on its compatibility in v4 and for that reason purchased it right now.

Which is why, we offer everything in Trial version, so you can decide whether any minor issue is or isn't minor enough for you to decide not to purchase.

I just hope that the issues will be addressed anytime soon, even though I completely agree that they're not first priority for you.

Exactly, it's only a matter or priority, but EVERYTHING will be updated, in time

maggussje

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »

I trust you guys, no need to test-drive anything which is coming from FSDT. Wink

No, seriously, I see your point. And thank you very much for your quick response, it's highly appreciated!

Cheers
Wise87

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 06:03:21 PM »

I noticed this also. Wish I tried the demo before purchasing it. I wish there was a way to remove them so they don't pop in and out.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: