Author Topic: Disappearing ground vehicles and containers kills the immersion.  (Read 16108 times)

Volkira

I just picked up Zurich and Geneva for Prepar3d v4.

Zurich has containers,vehicles and other clutter disappear and vanish every time I use my hat switch to rotate the view.Just a couple degrees can be the difference of viewing objects or having them vanish in your view.It really kills the airport for me.
This happens everywhere not just one or two places.The containers scattered around the airport are the worse sufferers of this event.
Geneva on the other hand doesn't have this issue.

stripealipe

Re: Disappearing ground vehicles and containers kills the immersion.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 02:05:58 am »
Yep, i'm getting exactly the same issue. I literally pan a little away and ground vehicles, luggage etc just disappear... very annoying.. any ideas anyone?

stripealipe

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 10:17:15 pm »
Just bumping this as there has been no acknowledgement..  just checking you're seeing what we see and things are in hand! Thanks.... quite a serious bug going on it seeems..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:44:29 am »
We'll obviously check this but, since it's really a minor issue, we were just replying to the most pressing questions first.

In fact, it's amazing that a 10 years old scenery like this would even work in P3D V4, since it started as an FS9 product, and got updated (for free) through 3 generations of simulators, FSX, FSX:SE, P3D and P3D V4.

stripealipe

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 01:53:03 pm »
Thanks Umberto, would really appreciate you looking into it for us. And wow, i had no idea this scenery was so old.. i've only recently purchased 8 of your airports in your sale after checking they had P3D v4 installers and so just assumed they'd be pretty much fully working, aside from the odd bug here and there due to the v4 code.

maggussje

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 12:31:26 pm »
We'll obviously check this but, since it's really a minor issue, we were just replying to the most pressing questions first.

In fact, it's amazing that a 10 years old scenery like this would even work in P3D V4, since it started as an FS9 product, and got updated (for free) through 3 generations of simulators, FSX, FSX:SE, P3D and P3D V4.

Hi all,

First of all I want to say thank you for your amazing work regarding add-ons. After a more than 15-years break I started flight simming again because of the release of P3D v4.

I am, however, facing the same issues with the scenery in LSZH. These are flickering parts of buildings, disappearing ground vehicles when changing the FOV, people doing a moon-walk upside down (Gate E42 for instance) and so on.

@virtuali: I do understand that the scenery is quite old and went through several generations of MS FS and P3D. However, it is labeled as compatible with P3D v4 and there are also customers like me who didn't profit from (free) updates of the product in the past but rather relied on its compatibility in v4 and for that reason purchased it right now.

I just hope that the issues will be addressed anytime soon, even though I completely agree that they're not first priority for you.

Thank you and keep up the good work

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 12:32:27 pm »
However, it is labeled as compatible with P3D v4 and there are also customers like me who didn't profit from (free) updates of the product in the past but rather relied on its compatibility in v4 and for that reason purchased it right now.

Which is why, we offer everything in Trial version, so you can decide whether any minor issue is or isn't minor enough for you to decide not to purchase.

I just hope that the issues will be addressed anytime soon, even though I completely agree that they're not first priority for you.

Exactly, it's only a matter or priority, but EVERYTHING will be updated, in time

maggussje

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 12:54:31 pm »
I trust you guys, no need to test-drive anything which is coming from FSDT. ;)

No, seriously, I see your point. And thank you very much for your quick response, it's highly appreciated!

Cheers

Wise87

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 07:03:21 pm »
I noticed this also. Wish I tried the demo before purchasing it. I wish there was a way to remove them so they don't pop in and out.

Bob Savo

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 09:56:22 pm »
Thank you, for looking into the matter. I too have the same issue, but im sure in time you will fix this. All the best.
I bought this product back in Dec 2013 so to get it working in P3Dv4 great. I have about 17 sceneries that don't work in P3Dv4, not to mention the Airplanes.

stripealipe

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 10:55:27 pm »
Still have the problems as outlined above but also i now have flickering textures when approaching the airport. Is Zurich X the same as Zurich Kloten? I'm unable to find Zurich X anymore on your site.
Anyways, if you could just confirm incompatibility with P3D v4, ORBX or whatever and maybe confirm if Kloten is a different version, if it is then compatibile with P3D V4 and ORBX scenery.

ta..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2019, 01:41:47 pm »
There's only one Zurich on our site, and that's the only Zurich we ever made. It can install into P3D4 but it's not a native scenery, it was made in 2007 for FS9 and FSX and it's not even 100% native FSX.

I cannot reply about compatibility with OrbX products, since we don't use them.

That's the main reason why we have a Trial for all our products, to verify they:

- Work fine on the simulator of choice.

- Work fine with your 3rd party add-ons.

Sholay

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 04:49:18 pm »
However, it is labeled as compatible with P3D v4 and there are also customers like me who didn't profit from (free) updates of the product in the past but rather relied on its compatibility in v4 and for that reason purchased it right now.

Which is why, we offer everything in Trial version, so you can decide whether any minor issue is or isn't minor enough for you to decide not to purchase.

Exactly, it's only a matter or priority, but EVERYTHING will be updated, in time

Hi,
Despite it was apparently reported back in 2017 and I see a promise that EVERYTHING will be updated I would like to confirm if there is a fix for these disapearing  ground vehicles and containers. Indeed it kills immersion and frankly it's the ONLY reason it's not perfect more than 10 years and several flightsims after initial release ;)

You wrote it's to improve framerate. OK, got it but is there a way to either get rid if these objects completely? Like comment out form the code or delete some files?
The thing is that it would look much better without them rather with something popping in and out every second or so.
Alternatively - can we make them stay and sacrifice some frames?

Maybe some option in the Addon Manager allows that? It's not clear in the manual to be honest.

Indeed this is immersion killer. If I had to choose I'd rather select frame rate killer than immersion killer.

Cheers,
&

PS
I am about to het Vancouver as well - does it suffer from the same issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2021, 05:09:04 pm »
Despite it was apparently reported back in 2017 and I see a promise that EVERYTHING will be updated I would like to confirm if there is a fix for these disapearing  ground vehicles and containers. Indeed it kills immersion and frankly it's the ONLY reason it's not perfect more than 10 years and several flightsims after initial release

Not only Zurich has been updated, it has been remade for the latest flight simulator, that is MSFS 2020.