Author Topic: Paypal declined order  (Read 11601 times)

airwolf

Re: Paypal declined order
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 12:22:16 am »
Hi - Sorry to bring this old thread alive.

This just happened to me today via paypal. I was ordering KMEM, KSDF and KIAH.  

Something flagged my order - I was huh??government regulations?? very confused Virtuali.  

Gonna hold off on purchasing these during this sale. Oh well, gonna wait these addons. Have to wait a year till I buy some of these products during next 2019 Black Friday Sale.  Very disappointed. I just bought KLAX and KCLT last week.

Please let me know if you can figure on what is happening.

This really freaked me out.  I hope ordering these addons did not flag my account or something.  This is some #$#@$ stuff going on here.  

Paypal refunded the order.  Even scared to use my credit card directly on FSDT for now.  I know esellerate is involved too...

I just left dazed and confused  ::)  :-\
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:34:14 am by airwolf »

airwolf

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 05:10:33 pm »
No response by FSDT?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 01:47:58 pm »
This has been discussed many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17579.msg123172.html#msg123172

And, in this very thread as well.

It's of course PayPal fault entirely, but of course, they will never admit their automatic algorithm of finding potentially "questionable" content, is so flawed by being fooled by a product depicting a real airport name, which we also changed following *their* own suggestion (so it doesn't contain the George Bush name anymore), which as I already explained in so many other threads, was a suggestion we had to get from Esellerate, since PayPal won't even discuss with us, since we are not their customers.

Even scared to use my credit card directly on FSDT for now.  

You never use your Credit Card "directly" on FSDT site. We never handled Credit Cards, only Digital River (Esellerate parent's company) does and, they are one of the largest and most reputable payment processors in the world. We never, ever, get any of your payment details.

If you use your Credit Card instead of PayPal, you wouldn't had this problem, which is entirely a PayPal bug.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:53:57 pm by virtuali »

airwolf

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 04:02:46 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

Thanks for getting in touch with me.  It would have been great if this info could be posted on the addon's webpage - order this via CC and not paypal.  I had no idea about this, I tried the demo and I liked it.  After the incident, I did search the forums and came across few related threads.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2018, 04:10:37 pm »
It would have been great if this info could be posted on the addon's webpage - order this via CC and not paypal.  

We couldn't possibly do that, because it only happens at entirely random times and, most of the time, users can order KIAH with PayPal just fine and, even the PayPal reaction to the problem seems to be random: sometimes the order just go through after a couple of days, sometimes gets canceled.

We only noticed it seems to happen more often during sales, but it's impossible to say if it' just because during sales the simple increase in orders raise the statistical chance of this happening, or because during Black Friday, PayPal changes the configuration of their filters or, possibly, hire additional staff which is not very well trained to handle this...everything is possible and, as I've said, PayPal won't even speak with us about this.

But most of the time, PayPal works, and it's used by lots of people, so we cannot possibly advise against using PayPal in general, and it would look suspicious if we suggested to buy *again* with a different method, especially in case PayPal decide to let the Pending order to to through, which DOES happen too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:05:34 pm by virtuali »

airwolf

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 07:15:31 pm »
It would have been great if this info could be posted on the addon's webpage - order this via CC and not paypal. 

We couldn't possibly do that, because it only happens at entirely random times and, most of the time, users can order KIAH with PayPal just fine and, even the PayPal reaction to the problem seems to be random: sometimes the order just go through after a couple of days, sometimes gets canceled.

We only noticed it seems to happen more often during sales, but it's impossible to say if it' just because during sales the simple increase in orders raise the statistical chance of this happening, or because during Black Friday, PayPal chance the configuration of their filters or, possibly, hire additional staff which is not very well trained to handle this...everything is possible and, as I've said, PayPal won't even speak with us about this.

But most of the time, PayPal works, and it's used by lots of people, so we cannot possibly advise against using PayPal in general, and it would look suspicious if we suggested to buy *again* with a different method, especially in case PayPal decide to let the Pending order to to through, which DOES happen too.

Thank you again for a very fair and honest answer.  Really appreciate it.