Author Topic: Gates but no buildings **SOLVED**  (Read 4397 times)

Dallen1919

Gates but no buildings **SOLVED**
« on: June 04, 2017, 08:52:27 pm »
After installing CLT I have the gates but no buildings problem in 4 other different previously installed products (HNL, Vol 1 Vol 2 of Hawaii and ORD) Even after running the live update and re loading the latest GSX and Standalone addon manager they still have no buildings. 

I tried re-loading the 4 not working individually and re-installed but with no results as they still have gates but no buildings

FLL, JFK, IAH, LAX, MEM and YVR all work fine. I get no error messages.

In the Addon Manager the products not showing buildings all say installed, active but not in in Scenery folder even after re-installing.

I am running FSX

Any suggestions appreciated. CLT is awesome. Thanks for your help.

Dallen1919
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:37:58 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gates but no buildings
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 11:50:31 pm »
There's no reason that just some sceneries won't work. Are you sure you reinstalled them using the current version of the installer ?

Dallen1919

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 05:57:44 am »
Downloaded from Product page.
ORD...2.5.02
PHNL 2.0
HAW Vol 1 2.0
Haw Vol 2  2.0

Thanks for the Quick reply.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 09:50:51 pm »
And the result is ?

Dallen1919

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 06:51:55 am »
Those are the versions I downloaded from the product page and have re-installed. All were showing buildings, gates etc prior to the installation of CLT. I have reinstalled all 4 airports again and then run the LIVE update,  but no buildings appear in only those 4 airports. All other FSDT sceneries working fine.

In the Addon Manager the products not showing buildings all say "installed, active but not in in Scenery folder" even after re-installing.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 10:55:24 am »
I really don't understand: all installers are automatically generated from the same source file, so there's no reason why some of them work, and some of them don't.

I'd say you might have some kind of error in the scenery.cfg file, which might be not readable after a certain point, so not all areas are begin read. Try this:

- If you have GSX, enable logging in the Troubleshooting section.

- Restart Couatl, then exit the sim.

You should have a Couatl.LOG file in %APPDATA%\Virtuali. ZIP it and Attach it to a message, so I can have a look at it.

Dallen

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 11:46:45 pm »
Thanks for your patience. Hope this is what you need. I know just enough to be dangerous about anything with the manipulation of files etc.
Coualti error report should be attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 01:29:25 pm »
The only thing a bit unusual in your log, is that sceneries you said don't work, are listed as using their "SCENERY" folder, while the other that do, use the "scenery", in lower case. Which seems to suggest you added or edited these areas manually, perhaps trying to fix the problem.

Try to uninstall them all, and reinstall, and don't touch anything.

Dallen1919

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 01:44:24 am »
Interesting
Uninstalled the 4 sceneries missing buildings in earlier posts and re-installed as you suggested. All 4 were now working!
However, when I checked the addon manager I noted that only Charlotte was now listed as the other 4 were before - that is "Installed but not in scenery library"
Checked and CLT had gates but no buildings. The 4 previously missing buildings all now still worked.

So I uninstalled CLT and re-installed CLT hoping it would now have gates and buildings. It does.

Checked the original 4 and all other U.S. sceneries. All are working!

Thanks for your patience and time. Everything solved. Appreciate your attention to detail and persistence.

Dallen1919