Author Topic: No ILS frequencies in GPS  (Read 6495 times)

737simpilot

No ILS frequencies in GPS
« on: June 04, 2017, 03:31:37 pm »
I just purchased Honolulu and I noticed in the GPS that the frequencies for the ILS's aren't there, only the approaches. Can this be fixed? Luckily I check my GPS prior to take off and when I noticed they weren't there I had to load the old PHNL AFCAD in AFX and write down all of the frequencies prior to take off so I'd have them on hand for approach.

dmatthieu2

Re: No ILS frequencies in GPS
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 05:00:37 am »
I have the same problem with all their airports, and I bought DFW, LAX, LAS, HNL, and ORD. I'm really upset because not only did I spend a lot of money for this, but because

1). it's messing up with my PMDG aircraft a) I have no basic ATC with tower at any virtuali airport anymore, and b) No ILS freq able to load to support landing

2) My AI traffic platform is Ultimate Traffic 2 and there is some conflict that's forcing UT2 to stop spawning aircraft on other airports made by Aerosoft and generic FSX. UT2 doesn't work for Virtuali airports at all. 

Does anyone have a fix for this???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No ILS frequencies in GPS
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 11:18:07 am »
The AFCAD for PHNL hasn't been updated since 2012 and, since its ILS data is exactly the same as the one from the default scenery, we haven't duplicated them in the scenery, so the sim will use the ILS from the underlying default scenery.

There was a thread here some years ago, where it was also assumed that PHNL must have had some kind of problem, because the ILS didn't show up in FSC commander, although the worked in the sim.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,2736.0.html

So, apparently, the reason why you don't have the ILS, might be that you must have changed something in the default scenery, maybe you update the default navdata ?

In any case, even if I still think is not a good idea to duplicate the stock navaids in an add-on scenery, if they are unchanged from the default (resulting to have to chase all the duplicate data if there IS an update), if you run the FSDT Live Update now, it will download an update AFCAD for PHNL, which duplicates the default ILS, so it should always work, regardless of the status of your default navdata.