Author Topic: GSX Disappearing **SOLVED**  (Read 11780 times)

Fenchurch

Re: GSX Disappearing
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2017, 06:39:38 am »
Well it's not just GSX, I've tried some FSDT sceneries in P3D2 and all I can see are aircraft and jetways, so I hope something can be done.  I have confidence.  ;)

The AddonManager installer moved my airports to its own folder and updated my FSX scenery.cfg, but didn't update my P3D scenery.cfg file.  I fixed that in a few seconds with some Find and Replace though.

I've zipped a log file for the Couatl problem with GSX, along with a log for my attempt to launch at CYVR.  This -GSX log mentions an error creating 'FSDT_Traffic_Cone1', but I've seen references to 'FSDT_Traffic_Cone3' too.

I've checked the new SimObjects folder and there are three models of FSDT_Traffic_Cone present.

My Prepar3D.CFG has two entries pointing to the new Simobjects\Misc folder.  Are these correct and are both needed?

SimObjectPaths.6=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.1=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc

Regards,
Rick Fenchurch

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 09:49:32 am »
It seems you are not using the current version of the GSX installer. Download it again now and try again.

It's not normal the sceneries weren't added to the scenery.cfg, so it was probably already corrupted (the installer won't touch a file that is not clean), and the same seems to be valid for the prepar3d.cfg, because there shouldn't be two lines for the simobjectpaths, so one of them is wrong.

I would suggest removing both of them and reinstall again (using only the current installer), but it's difficult to say if it will work, without looking at your existing scenery.cfg and prepar3d.cfg files.

bvanhout

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 03:07:04 pm »
Well as a developer surely you should provide support for all previous products, so I suggest someone get P3Dv2 working again.

You have obviously changed something, I have changed nothing.

Solution please, not a shrug of the shoulders..................

bvanhout

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 03:14:21 pm »
These are the last lines of the error message created.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2017, 03:15:39 pm »
Well as a developer surely you should provide support for all previous products, so I suggest someone get P3Dv2 working again.

And we obviously do, of course. I just reinstalled P3D V2 now and as expected, GSX worked flawlessly at the first try. So yes, it's confirmed the only possible reason for this error, is that some of your configuration files was already corrupted before installing it.

Which is why I said:

but it's difficult to say if it will work, without looking at your existing scenery.cfg and prepar3d.cfg files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2017, 03:17:00 pm »
Again:

I would suggest removing both of them and reinstall again (using only the current installer), but it's difficult to say if it will work, without looking at your existing scenery.cfg and prepar3d.cfg files.

bvanhout

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2017, 04:48:24 pm »
I have sent you the P3D config file, you have not asked for the scenery config file before.

bvanhout

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2017, 04:50:21 pm »
Scenery config file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2017, 05:36:38 pm »
I have sent you the P3D config file

No, you haven't. You only posted two lines of it, sent two logs and an error log, and a scenery.cfg in your last post.

you have not asked for the scenery config file before.

Yes I have, twice.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 05:39:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2017, 05:43:50 pm »
Your scenery.cfg seems fine, but there aren't any fsdreamteam areas in there. Do you use the Migration tool ? Since your error seems to indicate problem with the Prepar3d.cfg, if you are using the P3D Migration tool, maybe you are having the same problem discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15816.msg114233.html#msg114233

I just had a longer TeamViewer session yesterday with a user having a similar problem, only to find out that this Migration Tool has severely messed up the simobjects.cfg/prepar3d.cfg which confused the SODE Platform Manager totally.

Using the Migration tool on proper P3D installers, will surely result them to fail.

bvanhout

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2017, 08:40:01 pm »
You requested logs and error messages and then in entry 7 the p3d.cfg file

I sent you the P3d.cfg as an attachment.  When I download it from that entry it shows the whole config file, not just 2 lines.

Please refer to the entries where you asked for the scenery.cfg file.

You requested the scenery config file for the first time in reply 19 and I sent it right after that. ???
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 08:43:17 pm by bvanhout »

bvanhout

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2017, 09:20:50 pm »
I have removed GSX, SODE and the Addon Manager from the PC, plus all related folders.

I have used the original scenery config file with no addon scenery and allowed P3D to rebuild the config file from new.

I still get the same error message when trying to use GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2017, 12:08:32 am »
Ok, I found the problem, it was P3D V2 which wasn't correctly detect by the installer. Fixed by downloading and installing the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager now.

bvanhout

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2017, 03:42:24 pm »
Thank you GSX working now.