Author Topic: Fantastic Job with KCLT and GSX dynamic lights  (Read 4559 times)

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
Fantastic Job with KCLT and GSX dynamic lights
« on: June 04, 2017, 09:18:05 am »
No problems installing KCLT or GSX or Add-on Manager or SODE 1.5.1 into P3D V4, very smooth.

You did a fantastic job on the dynamic lighting support both for KCLT and the service vehicles in GSX, bravo FSDT crew!

Quick sample video:

If anyone is having performance issues with DL enabled, turn you AA settings down, SSAA has a huge impact on FPS with DL is enabled.

Cheers, Rob.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fantastic Job with KCLT and GSX dynamic lights
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 10:48:11 am »
Thank you Rob.

It's especially nice how the normal maps on the ground tiles renders so well, which is logical, considering the low angle of incidence of the headlights, but it's still impressive.

In the KCLT aprons, using our scripting engine, we manage to keep strictly under control the number of lights to be displayed at once to be no more than 6-7, so we won't impact on fps (at least on our side), because the program displays only the apron lights of the terminal wing closest to your eyepoint.

This airport was almost done by the time P3D went into Beta, so we didn't had too much time to design for Dynamic lights, but for O'Hare (KSDF is almost done too, so it will be more or less like KCLT), we are planning to design it for Dynamic lights from scratch, and I think it will be quite something too see.

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 07:09:35 pm »
Yes I noticed the normals on the ground tiles, that works really well!  Best I've seen in any simulator to date (and I have all the simulators).

Looking forward to KSDF.

Time to take the PMDG 747-V3 out for a spin in P3D V4 and do some flights from your airports A to B to C in a single session fully serviced and no OOMs!  Waited 11 years for this day.

Cheers, Rob.

streichholz

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 01:16:00 pm »
It looks very nice, yes. And the trail version of this airport was awesome.

However, I have a question about the dynamic lightning. I see no shadows of the cars/airplane under the lightpole. Is it how it should be, or is this not implemented by LM?

FireCapt

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 09:10:25 pm »
yeah  Umberto,
Disregard my email. The update answered my question. all is working execellent.  If KCLT is an indication of whats to come I will be keeping the CC warm to buy them all.  8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 01:36:55 pm »
I see no shadows of the cars/airplane under the lightpole. Is it how it should be, or is this not implemented by LM?

That's how the sim works. Dynamic lights don't cast shadows, only the sun (and moonlight) do.