Author Topic: Missing Ground/Taxiway Textures in P3D v4  (Read 5931 times)

Mr_Moss

Missing Ground/Taxiway Textures in P3D v4
« on: June 03, 2017, 05:01:14 pm »
I have recently installed JKF v2 into P3d v4, I have had P3D v3 previously installed on this PC, and tried removing as much of it as I could (i.e. deleting the v3 Appdata stuff, Program Data and root folder), and I deleted the old addon manager files in appdata etc. also. However, the new install has some issues with the ground textures & taxiways, which look very strange!

I have tried re-installing it, and re-activating it, and re-staring Couatl as an admin, but nothing seems to work. See attached screenshot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Ground/Taxiway Textures in P3D v4
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 05:04:26 pm »
However, the new install has some issues with the ground textures & taxiways, which look very strange!

There's nothing strange with it, this is how the scenery always looked like.

Mr_Moss

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:11:22 pm »
Just looked on google maps, you're right, turns out JFK's ground is actually like that lol.

Is there a specific graphics setting in P3D or the addon manager to increase the resolution of your specific textures?

My settings are pretty high, so I don't know what I could have done wrong
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:18:13 pm by Mr_Moss »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 07:20:38 pm »
Is there a specific graphics setting in P3D or the addon manager to increase the resolution of your specific textures?

Just be sure you use the 4096x4096 texture size, and be sure the Anisotropic filter is enabled. Other than that, that's who the scenery always looked like. It was made 8 years ago, when everybody though making JFK on the PCs of the era was a joke.

Mr_Moss

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 07:41:32 pm »
I had no idea this was made 8 years ago! For some reason I thought it looked different than when I had it in v3, I think this v4 hype has skewed my perception of things in game haha. Now I look like a right ninny! Apologies, appreciate the quick response, love the work you guys do.

DispatchRandy

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 10:48:42 pm »

I just purchased JFK 2 today and the ground and taxiway textures are very disappointing to say the least.

Looking at the KJFK screens on the product page I see much better quality textures. This is sloppy to say the least. I would have rather paid $40 for a product that was cleaned up. FSDT you can do better than this. This is officially the least favorite scenery I have purchased.

Just my opinion. Not LOL about it. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 09:46:11 am »
I just purchased JFK 2 today and the ground and taxiway textures are very disappointing to say the least.

Your probably have wrong video settings, so you are mistakenly assuming the scenery is at fault.

Looking at the KJFK screens on the product page I see much better quality textures. This is sloppy to say the least.

Are you trying to say we took screenshots with better textures that, for some reason, we decided to keep for ourselves, and distribute the scenery with worse textures ??? Doesn't seem a bit absurd ?

I would have rather paid $40 for a product that was cleaned up

JFK it's 29$

FSDT you can do better than this. This is officially the least favorite scenery I have purchased. Just my opinion. Not LOL about it. 

Wouldn't be better is you first try to understand what's the problem really is, without launching yourself into a judgement ?

JFK, as all the rest of the FSDT sceneries, is available in Trial, which means it's not really possible to spend any money on it, unless you really want to. But that's besides the point.

The point is, if you see better textures on the screenshot, this should have been an indication to you that something in your settings might not be right, which instead you assumed we tried to scam you into purchasing something (with a TRIAL ??? ) that is not as it was supposed to be, using fake screenshots.

The texture quality is affected by the following settings:

- The texture Max resolution. You don't say which version of the sim you use but, if you use non-Steam FSX, this can be set in the Addon Manager, to be either 2K or 4K. On FSX:SE and P3D, you can set it higher than 1024x1024 with the normal graphic settings in the sim.

- The usage of the Anisotropic filtering. You should enable it in the sim, and be sure it's enabled in your video card control panel too, at 16x.