Author Topic: AFCAD and Rnway bleed through at KLAS with ORBX SC  (Read 10722 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AFCAD and Rnway bleed through at KLAS with ORBX SC
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 02:35:26 am »
I know for a fact that JetBlue, WestJet, Virgin America all fly out of T3 but I have no airplanes, they are at other gates, what am I missing??

Here's the list of parking code of T3, taken by opening the AFCAD with AFX:

Gate E 1   Ramp GA Medium   35.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 2   Ramp GA Medium   35.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 3   Ramp GA Medium   35.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 4   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 5   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 6   Ramp GA Medium   35.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 7   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 8   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 9   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 10   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 11   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 12   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 14   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL
Gate E 15   Ramp GA Medium   22.00 m   AMX AMXX ACA BAW CFG EDW EWG CHH KAL NAX TCW VIR WJA ASA FFT HAL JBU SCX UAL

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 05:31:21 am »
Snofts, your AI aircraft need to have matching airline parking codes to park in the proper spots. That combined with adequate wingspan radius.

I still can't get the jetways to work however. They work at the other airports with the same models.

tupues

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 07:06:56 am »
And there is another flaw right there - those gates should be defined as GATE_medium/heavy/light and not as RAMP GA (as are all the others correctly btw) - otherwise, even though the airline codes may be correct, you will end up with mostly GA at these gates (as the name implies) - and this has got nothing to do with orbx - this is plain and simple shoddy.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:00:05 am by virtuali »

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2017, 08:08:19 am »

And there is another flaw right there - those gates should be defined as GATE_medium/heavy/light and not as RAMP GA (as are all the others correctly btw) - otherwise, even though the airline codes may be correct, you will end up with mostly GA at these gates (as the name implies) - and this has got nothing to do with orbx - this is plain and simple shoddy.

The sim really doesn't care if they are coded as RAMP or GATES, it's the airline code and radius. Create enough GA spots for your GA and you won't have any issues with biz jets etc parking amongst the airline traffic.

tupues

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 08:18:30 am »

The sim really doesn't care if they are coded as RAMP or GATES, it's the airline code and radius. Create enough GA spots for your GA and you won't have any issues with biz jets etc parking amongst the airline traffic.

This depends - if your aircraft have defined parking areas in their respective cfg's then it matters indeed.
I can only talk for myself and when I first installed the scenery all I had at that new terminal was business jets (and this not due to a lack of GA parking elsewhere).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 11:00:35 am »

This is no "flaw", and we have been using this method for years, to get rid of the default ground vehicles, and many developers don't flag the gates as gates, for the same reason.

The gate type matters ONLY if your AI don't have any airline code. If they have, and the parking have them (and KLAS obviously have them), the airline code will always take precedence over the parking type.

And, if you have a 3rd party AI set which uses fake parking radiuses as a non-standard way to differ AIs, one which was before the parking codes were introduced, there might be problems, because their parking radius might not be realistic. This method is no longer needed from FSX on, since parking code works, but there are still AIs originally made for FS9 that still have this problem.