Author Topic: AFCAD and Rnway bleed through at KLAS with ORBX SC  (Read 10723 times)

Snofts

AFCAD and Rnway bleed through at KLAS with ORBX SC
« on: June 03, 2017, 04:52:43 pm »
I have everything working, gates GSX, ect and the new terminal is awesome but I still have the old AFCAD and no one is parking at the new terminal.
Is there a way to download the latest AFCAD only and manually install it??
Also an update to the strange texture bleed.
If I get into a plane on 25R for example and I start my takeoff roll I see the old textures on the runway for about 30 feet in front of he view.
From the air I don't see them and all the elevation has been fixed with the standard ORBX FLAS fix on their website.
Its almost like it need to be adjusted like a few inches so it doesn't show, very strange but I hope it helps the smart people solve it as I know enough to be dangerous.

Snofts

Re: AFCAD and Rnway bleed through at KLAS with ORBX SC
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 05:10:19 pm »
With a little more testing I can say that if you fly over the runway at like 20 30 40 feet you can see the old runway under you and once you get above like 50 feet that goes away and you see only the FSDT textures.
This is in FSX Boxed with all the updates.
Worked great before the update and everything works after except this issue and the AFCAD spears to be the old one.
Also just a quick note I put all the sceneries in FSX/addonscenery/addonManager/ FSDT as my SSD C driveis not very big.
I will test the other sceneries, I have them all except MEM and the new CLT.

tupues

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:33:00 pm »
As my comment regarding this was deleted over in the other thread I am taking the liberty of posting it here again:

It looks as though the afcad is flawed. Apart from the parking assignments being messed up the concrete surfaces should be made invisible. If you do that yourself the problem is much less, but there is still issues with runway and taxi lines disappearing. It might possibly be due to incorrect elevation of the afcad or such.
I could imagine that with the thing having been pushed out in a hurry testing was neglected (hence the messed up taxi lines in the first version).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:06:49 pm »
The AFCAD surely works with the default scenery, so clearly, there must be something extra related to OrbX SoCal. The apron was made like this since 2009, when the scenery was originally released.

In any case, the AFCAD file which is online now that can be grabbed with the FSDT Live Update, has the apron set as transparent.

tupues

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 06:09:40 pm »
As my comment regarding this was deleted over in the other thread I am taking the liberty of posting it here again:

It looks as though the afcad is flawed. Apart from the parking assignments being messed up the concrete surfaces should be made invisible. If you do that yourself the problem is much less, but there is still issues with runway and taxi lines disappearing. It might possibly be due to incorrect elevation of the afcad or such.
I could imagine that with the thing having been pushed out in a hurry testing was neglected (hence the messed up taxi lines in the first version).

And I was indeed right - just reduce the elevation of the AFCAD by 10cm in ADE and everything is fine... To summarise:

- make all surfaces transparent
- reduce elevation of the airport by a fraction
- correct all parking assignments

Thanks FSdreamteam   ::)

EDIT: Hope you also considered the 2 other points...

Snofts

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 06:38:45 pm »
Is there a way to get the file or could you forgive my ignorance and let me know what to do to fix it.
It worked perfect before I updated everything with the ORBX fix, no problems whats so ever.
Can anyone show a picture of JetBlue parked properly at the new terminal??

Snofts

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 06:54:21 pm »
What is the afcad file in the scenery section so I can look to see if I have the proper one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 07:11:33 pm »
And I was indeed right - just reduce the elevation of the AFCAD by 10cm in ADE and everything is fine...

We surely can do that but, I would like to point out the following:

KLAS officially published chart of May 2017, lists the elevation at 2181 ft.  The elevation in ADE, as you can see, it's 2180.994 ft, which means the scenery is ACCURATE by 0.006 ft! So yes, we can change it to accomodate OrbX but, I'm not really comfortable with the idea of altering the real world elevation by 10 cm.

tupues

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 08:14:29 pm »
Umberto, personally I'd rather have the elevation off by 10cm (which you won't see anyway as only parking and taxiing aircraft are affected - the buildings etc won't move an inch - but shouldn't you know this?!) than all funky textures... but you're the designer and the seller, I'll let you decide what the wiser choice is from a selling point of view...

Snofts

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 08:34:54 pm »
Because I am not a guru in this department let me just ask the questions in a different way.
1. What is the afcad file as mine still doesn't work??
2. Is there a way to fix this like the it was before the update and if so what are the chioes?
I know there was an issue before and ORBX along with FSDT were able to offer a fix, should I re-apply that fix as that is what seems to cause the problem with the runway yet it fixes the elevation problems around the airport.
If the only thing was added was the terminal then I am curios why the ORBX fix no longer works???
Just really looking for a solution as I fly out of KLAS with SW all the time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 09:27:56 pm »
1. What is the afcad file as mine still doesn't work??

What doesn't work ?

2. Is there a way to fix this like the it was before the update and if so what are the chioes?

We haven't changed anything in the airport elevation with the update. It's as it always was since 2009. Have you tried with the updated file which is online now ?

Snofts

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 10:29:25 pm »
I still have the old AFCAD or at least no planes at any time park at the new terminal, JetBlue is over in D gates.
Strange things is at one point in the installs, I have updated following threads I had Aliegant and US Air there but after the last update I get nothing.

aS far as elevation I ran the FSDT live update that is on my desktop about an hour ago and it did not put any aircraft at the new terminal and its as if I have the original afcad.
There are  15 BGL files I would assume the afcad is AP_KLAS2.BGL???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 10:49:22 pm »
aS far as elevation I ran the FSDT live update that is on my desktop about an hour ago and it did not put any aircraft at the new terminal and its as if I have the original afcad.

As I've said, we haven't changed anything in the elevation. The current AFCAD only made the apron transparent, which according to another user will improve some flickering, with OrbX installed.

I'm not going to change the elevation, until I get some reply from OrbX so I can test their scenery here, and see if there's a better solution.

Snofts

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 11:02:38 pm »
I still don't know what the afcad file is but when it is properly installed and I am using WOAI will I see any airplanes at the new terminal 3.
I know for a fact that JetBlue, WestJet, Virgin America all fly out of T3 but I have no airplanes, they are at other gates, what am I missing??
I really do appreciate the help its just that I am not a guru with afcad and elevations ect so if anyone has a accurate AFCAD I would love to try it.