Author Topic: SODE only working on some gates (P3D v3 and v4)  (Read 4127 times)

hawx2k

SODE only working on some gates (P3D v3 and v4)
« on: June 03, 2017, 11:04:56 am »
Hello,

I now had been trying to get the SODE jetways to work on three gates on Terminal B (B21, 23 and 24) -> I get an error message "GSX: No jetway can operate at this position". On Terminal E (tested on E1) it works flawlessly.

My question: Is it a feature or a bug? I would think that these jetways on B would have to work, but I'm not sure if they do in reality... Hence the question.

SODE 1.5.0 installed just fine during the GSX installation and is also registered in v3 and v4.

Thanks,

Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE only working on some gates (P3D v3 and v4)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:38:15 pm »
SODE it's different do the default FSX animation system, meaning if a jetway cannot physically reach to airplane door, due of a combination of your parking position, the door position, and the jetway position/rotation/height, it will tell GSX beforehand, so GSX can give you that message.

With the default animation system, that jetway would have either simply not moved at all, or break up visually.

hawx2k

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:41:31 pm »
Many thanks. The combination was not so unusual I guess (a PMDG 737-700 Southwest) on those Bravo gates. But perhaps it even recognizes that Southwest may not be using the gates at all, but I think that's a bit too far-fetched :).

I'll just keep monitoring the situation. I also tried an A gate in the meantime - same result. I'll keep trying until I find a gate that can accommodate my peculiar plane(s).

Thanks,

Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 04:43:27 pm »
Try to just edit the parking position with the GSX editor, and move it a bit forward, and also adjust the stop position, to match the gear of the airplane.

hawx2k

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 04:44:32 pm »
Great. Thanks. I'll try that and report back :).

Jan

piimauna

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 07:34:36 am »
I have found that when I start P3D at some gates, the default position is too far from the gate so the SODE jetway doesn't work.  If I slew forward a bit, then it works.  Also using My Traffic Professional and since the update, all of the AI planes are positioned too far from the gate so the jetways do not connect to the AI planes either.  Don't know of a fix for that.

Jay

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 02:59:24 pm »
We'll do another update to the AFCAD soon.