Author Topic: Prepar3D "not found"  (Read 4292 times)

farman

Prepar3D "not found"
« on: June 03, 2017, 08:54:54 am »
Hi, i tried to install all the new updated airports and GSX; but ev'ry single time I got this very same screenshot:

Now, the only sim working and installed is P3D v3.4.22, and the main root folder is named: "Prepar3D"; at this point I re-installed the old versions - fortunately saved in an external HD and all went well.
  Thanks for any help,
     Fulvio Arman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepar3D "not found"
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 03:15:20 pm »
It seems your Prepar3d registry keys are missing. Could you please check with REGEDIT what you have at this location ?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

farman

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 04:57:10 pm »
Hi, thanks for your quick reply; attached two images: "regedit 1" refers to Prepar 3D v4; I installed it once and uninstalled; so, I only have the installer. I deleted ALL its folders manually from Users, etc. etc. -  just in case -. "regedit 2" refers to the actual installed sim, Prepar 3D v3.4.22. Its main folder has been named "Prepar 3D"; this is the location where yesterday, by means of the old installers of all FSDT products, I've been able to install them properly and, since today, they worked fine.
  Just this morning, unfortunately, a window popped out warning me that "Couati" was not working anymore; and since the AddOn manager stand alone doesn't install in the proper place, I'm again without all FSDT products.
  Another weird thing is that, when trying to install (uselessly) GSX, I've been told that a newer SODE version had to be installed; AddOn manager, at this point, stopped to work.
  Thanks for any further help. Miss your beautiful products!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:02:54 pm »
Hi, thanks for your quick reply; attached two images: "regedit 1" refers to Prepar 3D v4; I installed it once and uninstalled; so, I only have the installer.

I'm not following you. Your previous screen shows the installer couldn't find P3D V4, now you say you uninstalled it so, it's normal it wouldn't find it.

and since the AddOn manager stand alone doesn't install in the proper place, I'm again without all FSDT products

What do you mean with "the AddOn manager stand alone doesn't install in the proper place" ?? It installs in the place you told to and, if you have enough space on the C:\ drive, the default location of C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager is perfectly fine.

farman

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 05:26:42 pm »
Hi Umberto,
  I apologize if my awful English made you misunderstood what I actually wanted to explain. The image attached will show exactly what I mean to say :
1) Two days ago I downloaded all of your updated installers.
2) In the meantime I left, as the ONLY active sim, Prepar 3D v3.4.22. I Installed P3D v4 only once and, immediately after, I uninstalled it. I did this only as a test. Soon after I even deleted all the Folders named LM v4 from the Users, Roaming and Local paths - just in case -.
3) So, when trying to install all FSDT products, ev'ry time pops out the window asking me where to install ev'rything.
4) As you can see, I am redirected to line 5 ("Install in Prepar 3D v3.x"), that is NOT the root folder of my actual sim, since the root folder is in the 3rd line ("Prepar 3D", as I named it), where all of your products have been properly installed up to the second to last update.

The attached image has popped out installing AddOn Manager minutes ago, letting it's proper location in ":C, Programsx86 etc. etc.).
  Hope this time I was clear; but, if you're Italian not only by name, I can re-write all this pappardella in Italian language.
     Thanks again,
           Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 06:26:30 pm »
Sorry, but I really cannot understand the mess you made. Shortly:

- The registry for P3D V3 MUST point out to the proper location P3D V3 is installed

- The registry for P3D V4 might be there but, if the sim is not there anymore, the installer won't obviously use it (it checks BOTH the registry and the version of the prepar3d.exe)

- WHERE you install our products, it doesn't matter. They don't have to go "in" the simulator folder and, in fact, it's best if they don't. You can install into C:\Program Files\Addon manager, regardless where the simulator is.

farman

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 06:38:18 pm »
Thanks Umberto,
  actually I choose (as always happend for the old FSDT versions, without any single issue, to install the airport add-ons in the HD fully dedicated to the Sim; just a question of space on the disc. I always prefer to avoid installations in :C, where the OS is.
  Anyway, thanks for trying to help me; possibily ev'rything will go fine as soon as I'll get rid of P3D v3, once I'll switch to v4. At the present time I'll move all the Scenery and Texture folders manually in the Sim HD, hoping this will work.
  As I wrote you in my former posts, remains the mistery of the SODEroquest for updating - my present version is 1.5, the last one from the official site -.
     regards,
           Fulvio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 07:03:54 pm »
You might still have leftovers from an old SODE in the registry.

farman

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 07:34:31 pm »
Thanks, found a 1.3 old one in the registry.
  Let's hope for the rest.