Author Topic: Confused - Addon Manager update error.  (Read 7883 times)

wideloadwhitford

Confused - Addon Manager update error.
« on: June 03, 2017, 06:16:34 am »
Attempting to update GSX to 2.0 and getting an update error. Seems like two updaters are running at once.

Now, Prepar3d won't start. The splash screen shows up and disappears, but Prepar3d.exe is still running in the background.

I've done everything, deleted my XML, Logbook.bin, Scenery.cfg, Default Flight.xml, nothing is making my P3D run.

http://i.imgur.com/OJYU4lP.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mWAeE9p.jpg

Thanks, Ryan
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 03:32:42 pm by virtuali »
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Confused - Addon Manager update error.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 03:36:32 pm »
First, it's entirely normal that two updaters are running together, because that's exactly how the Live Update is able to update itself so, something must have gone wrong in the update.

Try this:

- close both updaters

- Remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

- Download the updates manually from here:

http://update.fsdreamteam.com/setup/fsdtroot/Couatl_Updater.exe
http://update.fsdreamteam.com/setup/fsdtroot/Couatl_Updater2.exe

And copy them in the Addon Manager folder, overwriting the existing ones. Then, start FSDT Live Update from the Desktop icon, to confirm it's working normally.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:03:14 pm by virtuali »

eze1510

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:00:48 pm »
Page you're looking for can't be found?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 05:03:22 pm »
Fixed it.

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 06:20:54 pm »
First, it's entirely normal that two updaters are running together, because that's exactly how the Live Update is able to update itself so, something must have gone wrong in the update.

Try this:

- close both updaters

- Remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

- Download the updates manually from here:

http://update.fsdreamteam.com/setup/fsdtroot/Couatl_Updater.exe
http://update.fsdreamteam.com/setup/fsdtroot/Couatl_Updater2.exe

And copy them in the Addon Manager folder, overwriting the existing ones. Then, start FSDT Live Update from the Desktop icon, to confirm it's working normally.

Thank you for your reply.

I have cleared the cache and added the installers. Still whenever I install a scenery or GSX it gives me the same error and P3D fails to start.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 06:23:10 pm »
I cannot reproduce it in any way so, please, try to restart Windows, do it again, and try to reinstall being sure your antivirus is disabled.

hoang

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 06:52:56 pm »
I'm having the same problem with all the products. Tried every solution from you but no luck so far.
Hoang Le

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 07:09:52 pm »
I've done everything. No matter what I do I cannot install the addon manager. I restarted the computer, redeleted the cache, and still nothing. I went and uninstalled the addon manager, now I can't install it at all because it won't let me.

Here's the video of it failing to start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlmu90Is_94

Here's the video of addon manager failing to install. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXXG9sASoA8
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

ianj844

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2017, 07:11:00 pm »
I discovered to get your sim to run delete the exe.xml and dll.xml files and have them rebuilt by P3D no luck on the installers though.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2017, 07:12:51 pm »
I discovered to get your sim to run delete the exe.xml and dll.xml files and have them rebuilt by P3D no luck on the installers though.

We don't use the DLL/EXE.XML files anymore so, whatever prevented to run the sim before, it surely wasn't our software, which is now called by the add-onx.xml file.

ianj844

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 07:23:48 pm »
My mistake I did two things before testing. If you uninstall coutl then the sim will start working. Basically coutl has broken the sim some how

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 07:26:31 pm »
My mistake I did two things before testing. If you uninstall coutl then the sim will start working. Basically coutl has broken the sim some how

No, it hasn't. Couatl it's an .exe so, it cannot bring down the sim. You must have some other problem. As with all the others that I already had a Teamviewer sesson with so far, not in a single case the problem was related in any way to our software or installation so, if it's ok for you, we can have a TM session to, so I can check your system.

Also, please stop posting in this thread, which has nothing to do with your problem. This threads is related ONLY to what seems some kind of permission problem running the Live Updater.

ianj844

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 07:40:08 pm »

No, it hasn't. Couatl it's an .exe so, it cannot bring down the sim. You must have some other problem. As with all the others that I already had a Teamviewer sesson with so far, not in a single case the problem was related in any way to our software or installation so, if it's ok for you, we can have a TM session to, so I can check your system.

Also, please stop posting in this thread, which has nothing to do with your problem. This threads is related ONLY to what seems some kind of permission problem running the Live Updater.

For some reason I cant send you a private message... Please pm me so I can send you my teamviewer information

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 07:40:54 pm »
I've done everything. No matter what I do I cannot install the addon manager. I restarted the computer, redeleted the cache, and still nothing. I went and uninstalled the addon manager, now I can't install it at all because it won't let me.

The Addon Manager installation hasn't failed, only the Live Update of it has, which won't prevent running anything.

In any case, could you please try again, download the 2 Updaters, as indicated ? I put a new version with logging disabled, maybe that was the problem (even if they obviously logged each one to their own different file)

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 08:30:09 pm »
Okay. I have uninstalled the addon manager and now my Prepar3d V3 will start with no problems.

I downloaded the new Live Updaters files.... let me try that out, I'll delete the cache as well.

Thanks for your continued support.

Give me 10 minutes and I'll give an update..... Ryan
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB