Author Topic: Couatl Crash after Installation **SOLVED**  (Read 3028 times)

ChiefNWA

Couatl Crash after Installation **SOLVED**
« on: June 03, 2017, 03:31:23 am »
I just bought CLT and YVR and installed both this evening. The installation prompted me and said that the version of Sode I have installed is outdated and ended the installation. I then downloaded the latest version of Sode which for some reason is unable to complete registration for P3D V3. I figured I'd try the CLT installation again which this time completed. I then either ran the Live update again or GSX installation (based on something I read on here that was similar) and when that tried to install Sode it once again couldn't register.

I am able to start a flight but am immediately getting an error from Couatl (attached). Anyway to fix this? I've tried uninstalling Sode, ran a reg cleaner then reinstalled with the one that comes with GSX and no luck. Everything was fine this morning and the installation of CLT/YVR/GSX/Sode reinstall are all that have changed.

Edit - After clicking the "restart Sode" selection it errors out again but with a different result:

couatl v3.2 (build 3823)
panic log started on Fri Jun  2 21:31:45 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KCLT', 'User Pos': (35.20023192867207, -80.9508463800102, 229.801 m, 1.8114 m, 356.06731637463747)}
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 11:16:31 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Crash after Installation
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 09:38:25 pm »
the latest version of Sode which for some reason is unable to complete registration for P3D V3. I figured I'd try the CLT installation again which this time completed. I then either ran the Live update again or GSX installation (based on something I read on here that was similar) and when that tried to install Sode it once again couldn't register.

This enough should tell you that something is definitely wrong, so the same thing that is preventing SODE to register, might be the same that's causing GSX not to work.

Which exact version of P3D 3 you have ?

ChiefNWA

Re: Couatl Crash after Installation
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 11:08:09 pm »
Using the latest version of 3 before moving over to 4 in a little while.

I just did a clean install which is something I wanted to do as I waited for my addons to become available in V4 anyways and everything seems to work fine now. I went into the registry and deleted anything I saw regarding Sode.