Author Topic: The great wall of 36R **SOLVED**  (Read 8474 times)

RobertO1035

The great wall of 36R **SOLVED**
« on: June 02, 2017, 04:10:47 am »
That's quite an obstacle clearance at the end of 36R.  How can I fix this?

GSX is up to date.  Live update was also run.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:28:53 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The great wall of 36R
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 02:18:32 pm »
That's a bug of your video drivers or settings. Try all of these:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. Enable ONLY the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak, which is required.

davidal

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 10:54:17 am »

Hi RobertO1035,

Same here. Did you fix it? Please, let me know.

Thanks,

Daniel

RobertO1035

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 05:41:26 pm »
What I did was install GSX first and then KCLT.  The wall was still there, so I just flew over it.  It just disappeared and all is well.

davidal

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 01:27:23 pm »
Thanks for your reply.

I found that moving the view point below the wall makes it flat. Problem reappears as soon as you reload the scenery for whatever reason (switching aircraft for example). Quite annoying because I am facing this situation everytime I start a flight at KCLT or I land there.

Updating the video drivers and deleting fsx.cfg does not help by the way. Reminds me what happedned at LSZH with the pole situation.

I believe this is a problem related to the sim you are using. Are you running also FSX+SP2 patched with Steve's fixer?

Rgds,
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:29:07 pm by dabidal »

davidal

Re: The great wall of 36R (Solved)
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 12:53:02 pm »
Hi,

Just let you know in case someone else has the same problem.

I fixed it by deleting my old trusted FSX-SP2 installation and replacing it by FSX Steam Edition.

KCLT looks great now... The only remaining thing for me is the excessive runway flickering.

Daniel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The great wall of 36R (Solved)
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 12:25:27 am »
KCLT looks great now... The only remaining thing for me is the excessive runway flickering.

Try running the FSDT Live Update now: we had a fix for it today.

Driver8

Re: The great wall of 36R **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 09:18:46 am »
Not sure why this is listed as "solved"...  Switching to a different version of the sim isn't really a solution (for instance, some folks like me who like animated jetways still use FSX SP2 as the developers of my home airport rely on AES for jetway animation...).

So, I still have the "wall" on 36R (which seems to actually be an intermediate LOD for the EMAS model at the end of the runway).  Yeah, it clears when I get close to it, so it doesn't affect usability, but it is annoying.  FWIW, I do believe KIAH did something similar with some parts of the model when used with FSX SP2 and it was fixed relatively quick, so I'm hoping we'll still get a fix for this...  I just purchased this a couple hours ago so i'm guessing I have the newest version....

BTW - a little idea for a product....  How about selling SODE jetway replacements for the airports that currently use AES for jetway animation?  Since you guys already have some SODE jetways, modifying their height for various airports shouldn't be too difficult, and I know from experience that just pulling coordinates for a medium sized airport for the jetway positions is about an evening's work.  In addition to making a few extra dollars, you'd also help to get a few more of us users off of FSX SP2 :)  I WANT to leave it behind, I really, really do!! :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 11:18:06 am »
Not sure why this is listed as "solved"...  Switching to a different version of the sim isn't really a solution (for instance, some folks like me who like animated jetways still use FSX SP2 as the developers of my home airport rely on AES for jetway animation...).

Because there are TWO issues discussed in this thread, the other being the flickering on ground, which HAS been fixed in the last Live Update.

BTW - a little idea for a product....  How about selling SODE jetway replacements for the airports that currently use AES for jetway animation? 

There are hundreds of airports with custom jetways, and they would all need to be remade with SODE and, likely, with the permission and support of each individual scenery developer, who will have to send us the original source code for their jetways, that must be reworked and re-exported using the SODE SDK.

This is something that's should be made by the original scenery developers, in order to offer their customer a way to use the sceneries with the new simulations.

We prefer to concentrate on core GSX features than, when added, will immediately benefit all airports together.

garymcginnis

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 09:21:30 pm »
I have this issue and yes it "goes away" when you hit the wall but it doesn't stay away when you re-load the scenery or on another day. So not "solved" as the title says. Its the EMAS for 36R.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 11:26:21 am »
So not "solved" as the title says. Its the EMAS for 36R.

It's surely solved, but not in all cases and in all versions of the sim. FSX SP2 still has some bugs left that, of course, nobody will fix, that result in objects rotated in the wrong way. The bug doesn't happen in other versions of the sim, such as FSX+XPack or FSX:Steam.

garymcginnis

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 03:49:52 pm »
That's not an acceptable answer! Every other FSDT runway with EMAS has no issue in FSX. So I'm raising the "BS" flag  :-X
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 03:55:08 pm by garymcginnis »

precious62b

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 05:56:41 pm »
I still have the same problem.  Don't know what else to do

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2017, 10:58:59 am »
That's not an acceptable answer! Every other FSDT runway with EMAS has no issue in FSX. So I'm raising the "BS" flag  :-X

What "every other" ? The ONLY other scenery we made with an EMAS is KMEM and, it's exactly the same as KCLT so, if the FSX SP2 bug is giving you a problem with KCLT, it will give you the same problem at KMEM.

As I've said, it's an FSX SP2 bug and, of course, there's nothing we can do to fix a that happens ONLY with the FSX SP2. Fact it doesn't happen in EVERY OTHER version of the sim, clearly proves the scenery is correct and doesn't have anything to do with it.

There is a reason we offer all our products in a Trial version, so you can test before purchase if the scenery runs correctly with your version of the sim. Since the scenery is totally and utterly correct, and this is clearly an FSX SP2 bug that we cannot obviously fix, if you really insist using such outdated version of the sim, you should really use the Trial version before purchase: that's the whole point of it.

If you really want to stay with FSX, at least use the latest version.

garymcginnis

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2017, 03:32:42 pm »
You are so funny with your "totally and utterly correct" statements. I have no issues with the EMAS in KMEM like the one on 36R but yeah.... thanks for assuming I did though.

I did try the trail as well but figured you know, maybe this time FSDT would not brow beat customers seeking support on a "support forum" by telling us WE are wrong and maybe actually address the issue. Guess this post is proving that wrong.

Here's a concept... if you really believe it's the EMAS, why not give us the option to disable it? Simple. Plus, if I can be honest for a second, who really cares about the EMAS anyway. It serves no purpose for the sim world.

I fly into CLT everyday when I'm flying the line and figured it would be neat to have a realistic CLT add-on but yeah, not worth it so far. Maybe actually be a support forum and not a spokesman who makes excuses. If this strikes and nerve with you to the point where you feel inclined to quote me and reply to it, then ultimatly my statement is correct.

P.S. I love how your advice is to upgrade sim platforms to fix one airport. That is comedy gold right there! But for your information.... no I don't want to stay with fsx. I would LOVE nothing more than to go to P3Dv4 tomorrow. Unfortunately I don't have the time right now nor the money to drop up to 5K (based on the hardware I want as well as software) back into this hobby either with upgrades to hardware and the repurchase of software. Good "tech support" though  ::)

And yeah I know you mean FSX:SE actually but there is no point when my next move will be into v4, not lipstick on a pig.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:23:59 pm by garymcginnis »