Author Topic: PHNL crashing with P3D v4 **SOLVED**  (Read 8776 times)

captain420

PHNL crashing with P3D v4 **SOLVED**
« on: June 01, 2017, 11:21:13 pm »
I have a weird problem that seems to happen only at this airport. Whenever I am loaded up at the default Active Runway, and I go to OUTSIDE > SPOT view and pan towards the right side of the plane to look at the terminals, it always crashes.

This happens with any planes, I've tried default and 3rd party planes. I have MyTraffic 6, but I even deactivated to see if that was the cause, and it still happens.

What could be the problem?

Here's a paste of my ContentErrors.txt p3d crash log - https://pastebin.com/8rZL5HsV
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:21:13 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHNL crashing with P3D v4
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 12:40:56 am »
I think it's possible, although I cannot reproduce it. Does it still crash if you turn off the error reporting ?

captain420

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 01:07:45 am »
Yes it crashes when I turn off error reporting. It only happens with this airport. I tried at other FSDT airports without any problems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 01:43:36 am »
I tried doing this, but I'm not able to reproduce it. Assuming your active runway was the same ( 26R ), I tried doing the same, and looked at the terminals in Spot view, I don't have any crashes.

In any case, try if you see any difference by removing this file in the Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\PHNL\Scenery folder

PHNL_Papi_sc.bgl

This is the one triggering the error reports. You might have issues with PAPI becoming less visible though.

captain420

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 01:51:59 am »
I tried removing that file and it made no difference. This is strange. I'm not sure what is causing that to happen.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 02:04:56 am »
I tried removing that file and it made no difference. This is strange. I'm not sure what is causing that to happen.

Then it's not the scenery. That file probably caused the error report about the runway, since it's still use FS8 code, but I guess the error is gone, isn't it ?

captain420

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 02:09:47 am »
Okay I manage to pinpoint the problem, it has nothing to do with the airport, the cause for this is because of the Global World Ships addon package. Just incase anyone else experiences the same problem. It's because of this.

MTN1794

Re: PHNL crashing with P3D v4 **SOLVED**
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 05:38:32 am »
I just pulled all the global traffic files labeled "Hawaii" in my World Scenery (P3D v4.1) and the problem with CTD was resolved.  I'll keep fiddling to see if it keeps working with various aircrafts and gates (gate 16 seemed to give more trouble than gate 23 prior to removing the Hawaii global traffic files)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 08:49:07 am »
I just pulled all the global traffic files labeled "Hawaii" in my World Scenery (P3D v4.1) and the problem with CTD was resolved. 

Of course. The scenery never had a problem to begin with. It's a well known fact that, under P3D V4, some AI coming from FS9 will crash the sim. Not all of them, it depends how they were made.

MTN1794

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 02:03:30 pm »
I had all the P3D v4 AI turned off to zero.  What I am using is UTLive at 100% (my computer handles the load easily).

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 08:32:51 pm »
 There are a few models from the AI ships package that will cause a CTD. It's a known issue and users are expected to remove those models until it's patched. Instead of removing all of your ship traffic in the area just remove the following models.
AI_AC_Sailboat
AI_Calypso
AI_John_T_Essberger
AI_La_Recouvrance

simsuper80

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 11:48:23 pm »
I am now experiencing the same issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 11:06:31 am »
I am now experiencing the same issue

Which this thread confirmed it was never a problem of the PHNL scenery to begin with.