Author Topic: KCLT Prepar3d V4  (Read 3807 times)

Hornetville

KCLT Prepar3d V4
« on: June 01, 2017, 06:32:38 pm »
Hi,
 For some reason the installer installed the scenery in E drive which was incorrect, removed it and now it dont go from the scenery library and wants me to unload it I say yes and it wornt any ideas.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:12:03 pm by Hornetville »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:46:14 pm »
Why you said the E: drive is incorrect ?

The installer allows you to chose any folder now, isn't a great feature not being forced to install inside the sim, like it used to be ? What do you mean with "I removed it ?" This sounds dangerously close to manual removing files, which you should never do.

Only use the proper Uninstaller from the Windows Control Panel, and only use the installer to remove or add.

If you don't like your first choice for the E: drive, you can Undo your choice, by uninstalling AND replying "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", which will clear up the choice, so the next reinstall will again allow you to FREELY select a folder.

This folder can be anywhere you have space, it doesn't have to be inside the sim and, in fact, it would be best if it's NOT inside the sim, so you'll be able to fully uninstall\reinstall the sim without having to reinstall the scenery, at least in P3D V3.3 and above.

Hornetville

Re: KCLT Prepar3d v4
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 07:02:19 pm »
Hi,
 I'm on Prepar3d V4 and I deactivated it through addon manager and also uninstalled from Add/Remove programs also said yes to remove addon manager, loaded back up and all FSDT scenery and Flightbeam is still greyed out so am unable to remove from scenery library dont say I have to remove Prepar3d v4 completly and start agin :(

PS Charlottle was the first Adson installed and there was no Addon Manager Folder and decided to put it in the E drive and I had no choice to change it :(

Sorted thanks very much, if I had a bigger hard drive I'd install outside but for the moment it's inside the Prepar3d folder
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 07:09:12 pm by Hornetville »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT Prepar3d v4
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 10:53:39 pm »
PS Charlottle was the first Adson installed and there was no Addon Manager Folder and decided to put it in the E drive and I had no choice to change it :(

If you didn't had a choice (the folder was greyed out), it's because this was the 2ND installation of an FSDT product using the new installer. On your 1ST installation, the installer gave you a choice, and you chose E:\, so the installer placed the Addon Manager under the E:\Addon Manager folder, which is entirely correct and it's a great choice, assuming E:\ had enough space to store all our products you are planning to install.

Now, the 2ND time, the installer haven't offered you a choice because, even if now you can freely install everywhere, it's still required that all our products would stay together, so the 2ND time, it defaulted to the first choice.

But that doesn't mean you are stuck for life to that initial folder: if you uninstall all products, the reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", which is made at the end, this will trigger the cleanup of your initial choice so, the next install will again allow you to select the installation folder freely, which will be valid for any subsequent installation, and so on.