Author Topic: MUST READ!!!! Regarding addon manager 4  (Read 5836 times)

josh_drummond

MUST READ!!!! Regarding addon manager 4
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:51:02 am »
Hi all.  I discovered something this week and found out the hard way.  Because the new addon manager version 4 is a completely new version then versions before it, all addons requiring Addon Manager MUST BE REINSTALLED in order to work properly with the new Addon Manager.  I can't stress this enough other why's you will have problems with everything you own in your system relating to Addon Manager.  The new version is a completely new work to be enabled for P3dV4, which is 64 bit and that is why the manager had to be updated.  I know it takes time to reisntall everything, but trust me this was the solution for me.  If you've noticed all of the new setup files are different from the old ones.  The new setup files have a directory which points automatically to where the new addon manager is installed.  Which is why the old setup files won't work in the new addon manager.  I hope this helps many of you out there looking for a solution!  This worked for me in my situation.

Flukey

Re: MUST READ!!!! Regarding addon manager 4
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:59:57 am »
I figured much from my issues here, http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15650.0.html

Im finding though that you need to uninstall the old versions first as I just installed KMEM and while it ended up in the new folder (E:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager) it didn't move or remove the old version as it still exists in my root FSX folder..

All is well that ends well but what a pain and something that should have been address in the klas or GSX installer notes

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 01:23:39 pm »
Im finding though that you need to uninstall the old versions first as I just installed KMEM and while it ended up in the new folder (E:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager) it didn't move or remove the old version as it still exists in my root FSX folder..

You don't have to uninstall anything first, the installer will move the folders from the old location to the new one.

Flukey

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 01:33:10 pm »

You don't have to uninstall anything first, the installer will move the folders from the old location to the new one.

Sorry but they never did so thats why I did as I mentioned.

Look it may have screwed up from the initial install but Its all good now I have them working as previously.

Thanks

FireCapt

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 01:53:42 pm »
yeah I can comfirm, Umberto, same happened to me too. in my programs and features in windows it shows two of everthing installed.  had to reinstall the scenery in P3D V4 for it to show up in the sim. The manager would show it installed and active, but n scenery would show up in the sim until I reinstalled using the downloads.  I will experiment later and uninstall the older installations in the control panel in windows and see if everything still worked in both my Prepar3D v3.4 and V.4 installations.  since their both on 2 separate dedicated SSD drives  8)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 02:25:45 pm »
You have two separate issues:

- The double entry for the Addon Manager can only be caused by a problem with your DLL.XML, because the installer surely removes the previous version when installing the new one, but if the DLL.XML had a problem, it might not work.

- The problem of missing buildings was caused by a problem with the new Live Updater, that in some cases didn't update *all* required files. The fix is online now, so you should download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager to get the new updater, and this should fix everything, provided you haven't removed anything manually from the Addon Manager folder.

FireCapt

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 03:35:45 pm »
Thanks, Umberto ;D

josh_drummond

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2017, 04:40:27 am »
Still, I reinstalled everything and that worked just dandy for me!!!   Woooot woooot!!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eziocin

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2017, 11:13:19 am »
I can confirm that in my P3D V3.4 set up all the airports related to FSDT and Flightbeam have been correctly relocated in the new AddonManager folder and they are properly depicted in the sim. However they are now greyed out in the P3D scenery library and cannot ne either moved in terms of priority and/or deactivated.
Is it normal ?
Thanks

Ezio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2017, 11:23:13 am »
I can confirm that in my P3D V3.4 set up all the airports related to FSDT and Flightbeam have been correctly relocated in the new AddonManager folder and they are properly depicted in the sim. However they are now greyed out in the P3D scenery library and cannot ne either moved in terms of priority and/or deactivated.

Yes, it's normal. That's how P3D is indicating the scenery is not part of the scenery.cfg, but it has been added using the new method of the add-on.xml. While it's true they cannot be rearranged, they CAN be Enabled/Disabled, but from the "Addons" menu, under the "Options" menu.

Eziocin

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 11:25:01 am »
Thanks for your quick answer...!
Ezio

FireCapt

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 02:10:01 pm »
Umberto ,
I need your help on the addon manager Crashing Prepar3D v.4.  Everything else seems to install an is working in the background ie: all the airport are showing loaded into the sim and when I on the sim I can test the SODE dll and it reports back it active with 1.50.  but the minute I add the addon manager back into the add-ons. cfg. it crashes P#D V4's api.dll.  if I go ito the add-ons.cfg in  Appdata\roaming \LockheadMartin\Prepar3Dv4 and remove the addon manager entry, then save it.  Prepar3D v4 start normally again.

note, the DDL.xml, and exe.xml are totally naked, not a single addon in either one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 02:14:18 pm »
I need your help on the addon manager Crashing Prepar3D v.4.  Everything else seems to install an is working in the background ie: all the airport are showing loaded into the sim and when I on the sim I can test the SODE dll and it reports back it active with 1.50.  but the minute I add the addon manager back into the add-ons. cfg. it crashes P#D V4's api.dll.  if I go ito the add-ons.cfg in  Appdata\roaming \LockheadMartin\Prepar3Dv4 and remove the addon manager entry, then save it.  Prepar3D v4 start normally again.

As I've said already, do not biggyback on threads that don't have anything to do with your problem, but open a new one, with a proper title.