Author Topic: Addon Manager update broke the QualityWings 757  (Read 7442 times)

hobbseltoff

Addon Manager update broke the QualityWings 757
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:39:15 pm »
The new addon manager breaks the QualityWings 757 and prevents the gauges from loading. There is a post in the QW forums about it and several people have the issue. Reverting to the old version fixes it. Using P3D v3.4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager update broke the QualityWings 757
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:55:26 pm »
Works fine here, see the screenshot of the QW757, parked at KCLT with P3D 3.4, and the latest Addon Manager, which of course is the only one that can run KCLT.

I didn't do anything strange to test this, just installed the Full QW757, which I didn't had before, and then the Stand-Alone Addon Manger, which would install exactly the same Addon Manager as any other FSDT installer.

hobbseltoff

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 06:17:13 am »
Out of curiosity, where did you install the addon manager to? I manually created an "Addon manager" folder in P3D and copied in the bglmanx.dll and bglmanx_qwings.dat files from my new addon manager location and now the 757 works. My guess is it doesn't like that it can't find those files in the old location.

hobbseltoff

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 06:19:07 am »
I guess the best temporary "fix" would be to create a symbolic link to those two files until QualityWings can make a patch.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 01:37:51 pm »
Out of curiosity, where did you install the addon manager to?

The default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

It's NOT required anymore to install into the sim and, in fact, it would be best if you don't do it, so you'll be able to uninstall/reinstall the sim in the future, without affecting the Addon Manager installation.

I manually created an "Addon manager" folder in P3D and copied in the bglmanx.dll and bglmanx_qwings.dat files from my new addon manager location and now the 757 works. My guess is it doesn't like that it can't find those files in the old location.

?? Of course it would never work like that! Why you haven't used the proper Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer ? The installer does A LOT more than just creating a folder and copying files, it must register the dll with the sim, in their proper location, change configuration files, set permissions, etc, etc, etc.

Never, ever, do things manually, when there's installer available.

Now, it would be best if you remove all the the things you added manually, then download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

hobbseltoff

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 06:49:13 pm »
?? Of course it would never work like that! Why you haven't used the proper Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer ? The installer does A LOT more than just creating a folder and copying files, it must register the dll with the sim, in their proper location, change configuration files, set permissions, etc, etc, etc.

Never, ever, do things manually, when there's installer available.

Now, it would be best if you remove all the the things you added manually, then download and install the current version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

I have already gone through several permutations of uninstalling and reinstalling the QW757 and the new version of the stand-alone addon manager in different orders and this is the only thing I could do to get it to work.

FireCapt

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 10:01:13 pm »
Umberto so my installing the addon manager and folder is incorrectly installed on the root directory of my K:\ drive in K:\addon Manager.   I'm seeing the SODE in my sim but not the addon manager nor buildings  ???

don't know what I did different . but when I look at addons in the sim the only thing I see is FSUIPC, and SODE.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 10:13:09 pm »
I have already gone through several permutations of uninstalling and reinstalling the QW757 and the new version of the stand-alone addon manager in different orders and this is the only thing I could do to get it to work.

I'm sorry, but that's the wrong way, and you'll have plenty of issues, like double Addon Manager loaded, and unlimited other conflicts.

I'll repeat it again: this is the one and only way to have the Qualitywings working:

- Remove ALL the mess you created by manually copying things. You did it manually so, in this case, uninstallers won't help you so, remove each and every copy of bglmanx.dll and .dat you might have placed around.

- Uninstall the Addon Manager and the Qualitywings. Be sure you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" at the end. This will clean up your DLL.XML file, to be sure no leftovers are left.

- Install the current Qualitywings 757 using the full installer.

- Do not touch anything, and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

As I've said, this is confirmed to work.

FireCapt

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 10:20:39 pm »
I see the new way it done now , Umberto. Read your other post about the addon menu in Options.  Thanks sir. maybe that should be a stick for folks that don't realize it;s there and that where the scenery and addons are
 ;D ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 10:35:07 pm »
I see the new way it done now , Umberto. Read your other post about the addon menu in Options.  Thanks sir. maybe that should be a stick for folks that don't realize it;s there and that where the scenery and addons are

I wanted to write an updated installation guide but, the issue is, people are bombarding the forum with questions, so I hardly have time to reply to them, let alone even thinking writing such guide...

Have a look at this post of mine on LM forum, which might be helpful, until we manage to have the updated guide:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=124701#p158461

hobbseltoff

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 10:59:40 pm »

I'm sorry, but that's the wrong way, and you'll have plenty of issues, like double Addon Manager loaded, and unlimited other conflicts.

I'll repeat it again: this is the one and only way to have the Qualitywings working:

- Remove ALL the mess you created by manually copying things. You did it manually so, in this case, uninstallers won't help you so, remove each and every copy of bglmanx.dll and .dat you might have placed around.

- Uninstall the Addon Manager and the Qualitywings. Be sure you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" at the end. This will clean up your DLL.XML file, to be sure no leftovers are left.

- Install the current Qualitywings 757 using the full installer.

- Do not touch anything, and install the current Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

As I've said, this is confirmed to work.

That's exactly what I did. I only resorted to copying the files manually when that didn't work for me.

FireCapt

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 12:01:27 am »
okay I started all over again, and did the addon manager in the default this time. now Prepar3D just CTD
 ???

Prepar3D.exe
   59279be2
   api.dll
   59279c8f
   c0000409
   00000000001b5bd0
   1b88
   01d2db2246984229
   K:\Prepar3D V4\Prepar3D.exe
   K:\Prepar3D V4\api.dll
   0cd16649-0437-4c6b-8629-d88a3480a042

only thing I added first was the add on manager . I verify it was in the add-onn.cfg file.  I remove the entry in the add-on cf.g and Prepqr#d V$. started up normally again.  What am I missing Umberto??
it's the only add-on I've installed thus far.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 12:06:39 am by FireCapt »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 12:31:02 am »
only thing I added first was the add on manager . I verify it was in the add-onn.cfg file.  I remove the entry in the add-on cf.g and Prepqr#d V$. started up normally again.  What am I missing Umberto??

Please stop posting here, because this thread was about the QW757, which is relevant to P3D 3 ONLY, so it gets very confusing. There's a similar thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15633.msg112555.html#msg112555

where the user confirmed that, on a clean Windows installation, the error went away. So, it seems a problem with some of your system libraries, maybe the VC++ 2015 runtimes.

Please follow on that other thread, not here.