Author Topic: How does FSDT's KCLT compare to Imagine Simulation's version?  (Read 6473 times)

tldspectre

I was wondering if anyone could give their opinion on FSDT's KCLT vs Imagine Simulation's version (http://www.imaginesim.com/kclt01.htm)? I purchased IS's version a while ago and have been fairly happy with it, but would definitely consider buying FSDT's version if it looks and performs considerably better. I would hope at the least that GSX ops would have better support, and that the buildings would be more up-to-date (IS hasn't put out any recent updates).
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 10:20:10 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How does FSDT's KCLT compare to Imagine Simulation's version?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:16:27 pm »
Isn't what Trial versions are for ? Just download it and install it: who's the better judge other than yourself, using your own system ?

jonmkj1

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 02:08:32 am »
Looks better? Yup. Performs better? Yup. Plus  the added benefit of being far more up-to-date with real-world standards! Hopefully FSDT will support it with frequent updates as the new control tower and terminal are added!

rhuck

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 04:49:22 pm »
It performs a TON better. When using ImagineSim with the Aerosoft Airbus, it has horrible framerates. Compare that to FSDT, and it's just as good as all the other FSDT scenery. And it looks a lot better, too.

precious62b

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 10:01:43 pm »
Night and Day

astaticmusic

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 04:19:08 am »
I have a gtx 1060, 16G of ram, i7-4790k, using active sky 2016, orbx NA, Global and vector

I put the aerosoft airbus 319 at gate C3, ran GSX and got right to the point where the baggage cart was pulling up and P3D V3.4 crashed.

After already configuring the airbus for the flight, and sitting back watching all the cute little animations (about 15-20 minutes into it) I just said hell with this and went and did something else, rather than re-do everything- usually it will just happen again.

Also, I go under services in task manager and close EVERYTHING thats not vital to the sim.

Draw your own conclusions.... >:(     ( it does LOOK better than the other one though, very nice modelling)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:21:25 am by astaticmusic »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 09:56:11 pm »
Draw your own conclusions.... >:(     ( it does LOOK better than the other one though, very nice modelling)

What are you trying to say here ? If you have a problem with GSX, properly report it in the correct place, describing it correctly, and don't post into a thread that doesn't have anything to do with it.

Hnla

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 12:22:01 am »
I would probably guess that KCLT didn't do as well as KMEM, especially with Flightbeam's hit release (KMSP). I think if FSDT really wants to hit another one out of the park, they should do another poll and see what the community wants.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 12:56:54 am »
I would probably guess that KCLT didn't do as well as KMEM, especially with Flightbeam's hit release (KMSP).

LOL, KLCT did MUCH better than KMEM, and I fail to see what another airport release has anything to do with it. In fact, a release of another airport that performs well under P3D V4, is only HELPING us selling more of a scenery like KCLT, which also performs at its best in P3D V4.

Hnla

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 04:24:52 am »
Well, I'm just saying maybe a poll will help improve sales from KCLT, since it seems like users really wanted KMSP, and with their new Flightbeam manager it's just like WOW!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 01:23:28 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 01:23:36 pm »
Well, I'm just saying maybe a poll will help improve sales from KCLT

You mean doing a poll would "improve" the KCLT sales now ?? They are just fine and, it shows how polls are not really useful to know "what users really want", because KCLT is selling more than KMEM, which was ahead on the poll.

It seems you started with the wrong assumption that KCLT is not selling well, which is clearly not the case.

since it seems like users really wanted KMSP, and with their new Flightbeam manager it's just like WOW!!!

But since we obviously knew in advance (way earlier than it was first announced to the public) that Flightbeam was working on KMSP, it didn't make any sense to do it as well.

andrewvane

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 08:22:16 pm »
Here are my specs:

FSX SE
Win 7 64-bit
i3 7450K
8GB DDR4 RAM
250GB SSD
2GB nVidia Geforce 750ti

I can tell you that FSDT CLT runs much more smoothly than imaginsim. When i upgraded to the above system, I started installing payware until I couldn't run smoothly. i added Drzweicki NYC X, FTC Global, AS16, GSX Airports, etc.  Everything ran at 28fps or better.  NYC area slowed to 23-25fps but still flyable.  Then I reinstalled Imaginesim KCLT.  It brought my system to a 10-12fps crawl.  FSDT is a bit quirky since I'm running 32-bit FSX SE but it looks beautiful once it loads.  The textures are oustanding.  I can't run replays but that's fine.  the jetways work and I'm getting smooth frames taxiing around the airport, even in the Aerosoft A320 which is a bear by itself.  I get some minor flickers but keep running the updater since FSDT is doing such a great job.

Oh, Imaginesim CLT does not have animated jetways unless you purchase GEX credits.  Strange to sit there at A3 with a jetway and see them drive up with mobile stairs.  Imaginesim has responded via email when i have questions.

I'm hoping FSDT updates the AFCAD once Terminal A expansion is complete and open for business next year.  it will add 34 gates.

Thanks FSDT for continuing to build and improve upon these great products!  8)