Author Topic: KCLT install problem..GSX doesn't work after install  (Read 4560 times)

Jhavrile

KCLT install problem..GSX doesn't work after install
« on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:18 pm »
Hey guys did what you said about downloading new addon manager to get the new live updater and it did fix some issues BUT my GSX doesn't work..Its technically there in the sim just doesn't work. Hit Ctrl F-12 nothing happens ...addon manager says "product active" but KCLT and all other products in addon manager says "product installed and active" so tried to reinstall GSX and it says can't because SODE is out of date. So at a loss what to do next. And yes i did manually removed GSX using the uninstall app but did reinstall it and activated it. Still doesn't work. Hope you can help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KCLT install problem..GSX doesn't work after install
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:07:33 pm »
Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15685.msg112861.html#msg112861

There was a problem in the Live Update, which is now fixed. If you download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, it should fix GSX. And, of course, even the full GSX installer should fix this.

Jhavrile

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:15:38 pm »
Thanks so much for your time but tried both didn't work...the GSX full installer says cannot install due to SODE out of date tried stand alone addon manager 7 times still GSX doesn't work...I am at a loss

precious62b

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 05:20:21 pm »
You have to remove SODE through add/remove programs and when you run the GSX installer it will automatically install the lastest SODE.  I came across that problem and that worked for me

Jhavrile

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 05:22:55 pm »
Thanks but I went to ADD/REMOVE programs and could not find a program called SODE what am I doing wrong?

Jhavrile

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 05:31:05 pm »
I did remove GSX from ADD/REMOVE programs still didn't work

Jhavrile

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 05:34:28 pm »
Do you mean "sim object display engine" is the the SODE program sorry not computer savvy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 06:15:18 pm »
Do you mean "sim object display engine" is the the SODE program sorry not computer savvy

It's the full (real) name of SODE, which stands for SimObjects Display Engine, so that's how you'll find it referenced in the Program Features section of the Windows Control Panel.