Author Topic: GSX Stopped Working after KCLT install **SOLVED**  (Read 4994 times)

rhuck

GSX Stopped Working after KCLT install **SOLVED**
« on: June 01, 2017, 05:04:34 pm »
Hi, all,

I bought and installed the KCLT, which looks fantastic, by the way. It looks like GSX reloaded the new scenery correctly (I can see the jetbridges), but when I hit CTRL+SHIFT+F12 as I normally do, the dialog never displays. I went to my Add-Ons menu, and saw that GSX is no longer in the list, although when I go to Addon Manager, it shows as installed and active. I have the full version of GSX, and it was definitely working right before I installed Charlotte.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what to try?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:40:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Stopped Working after KCLT install
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:53 pm »
There was a problem in the Live Update, which is now fixed. If you download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, it should fix GSX. And, of course, even the full GSX installer should fix this.

Jhavrile

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:19:46 pm »
Thanks so much for your time but tried both didn't work...the GSX full installer says cannot install due to SODE out of date tried stand alone addon manager 7 times still GSX doesn't work...I am at a loss

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 06:26:10 pm »
the GSX full installer says cannot install due to SODE out of date tried stand alone addon manager 7 times still GSX doesn't work...I am at a loss

You must first do what the installer said, and Uninstall your existing SODE from the Windows Control panel, so GSX will proceed and will install the very latest 1.5.0 version. Just be sure you uninstall all your versions of SODE.

And, it's listed as "Simobjects Display Engine" in the Windows Control Panel.

rhuck

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 06:34:51 pm »
Many thanks for your prompt response. I reinstalled GSX and everything works fine now.

Panman

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2017, 02:56:42 pm »
the GSX full installer says cannot install due to SODE out of date tried stand alone addon manager 7 times still GSX doesn't work...I am at a loss

You must first do what the installer said, and Uninstall your existing SODE from the Windows Control panel, so GSX will proceed and will install the very latest 1.5.0 version. Just be sure you uninstall all your versions of SODE.

And, it's listed as "Simobjects Display Engine" in the Windows Control Panel.

That's no going to mess up all the other sceneries that use SODE I hope?

Panman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2017, 04:18:27 pm »
That's no going to mess up all the other sceneries that use SODE I hope?

It depends on the scenery. Those which were made using a very early version of SODE (the early jetway SDK) will not work, but this has been true since at least SODE 1.3 so, nothing has changed with 1.5.0