Author Topic: Error on installation  (Read 3418 times)

deimos256

Error on installation
« on: June 01, 2017, 12:51:53 am »
I try to install KCLT for p3dv2.5 and I get an error in the middle of the installation that reads "Runtime error 'SimObjectsPathsRemarks' is not a valid integer value".  After I click ok I get another error "List index out of bounds" then the installer just hangs.  It's also not clear where exactly I am supposed to install this to.  The installer seems to create a folder named addon manager but its also trying to copy to simobjects, which is in my main p3d folder. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error on installation
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 12:57:51 am »
"Runtime error 'SimObjectsPathsRemarks' is not a valid integer value". 

This indicates your Prepar3D.CFG was already corrupted before installing, with an illegal command exactly in a keyword we must search and modify. The word "Remarks", seems to indicate you edited wanting to comment something, but you cannot use a keyword in that way, it would cause the file to be syntactically wrong.

This is how those lines supposed to look like on a proper install:

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

Then, you might have other section, starting from SimObjectPaths.6 and above, with other lines from other addons, like SODE, etc. but you surely cannot have a SimObjectsPathsRemarks keyword, which IS a mistake.

I'm sure that, as soon as you fix your Prepar3d.CFG file, the installer should run normally.

deimos256

Re: Error on installation
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 01:04:58 am »
Ah yes that line seems to be added by the Migration Tool.  Thank you.