Author Topic: Possible KCLT Install Issue  (Read 3610 times)

ocjr

Possible KCLT Install Issue
« on: May 31, 2017, 07:52:07 am »
So I installed KCLT tonight and after going in and activating it, I went to try the GSX and SODE jetways. GSX wasn't loading so I thought perhaps there was  GSX update to go with the new scenery, so I download the most recent GSX. During that install, GSX tells me to update SODE to the most recent version so I do.

Now, all of my FSDT Sceneries (all of them) have been moved from their original folders to a new location and they apparently have all had their registration deleted because they are all in trial mode again.

On top of that, GSX freezes or crashes anytime I ask it to do anything.

What is going on?

I am using the most up to date P3D V3.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possible KCLT Install Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 08:03:18 am »
Now, all of my FSDT Sceneries (all of them) have been moved from their original folders to a new location

Which is entirely correct, since they will now all be together, just like they were together before, just that, instead of forcing you to have them stored together in the sim folder, you are now allowed to choose their main folder freely, something you couldn't do before.

they apparently have all had their registration deleted because they are all in trial mode again.

Nothing in the installation could have any effect on the scenery activation.

On top of that, GSX freezes or crashes anytime I ask it to do anything.

Cannot reproduce any of this. Could you please be more specific what do you mean with freeze ? You see some error messages ?

ocjr

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 06:26:53 am »
I understand that the sceneries have moved, but I don't think P3D knows that they have moved, because they are all missing.

I don't know what to say, they are all now listed as active. but they are still missing.   

As for the GSX freezing I am not sure how to describe it other than, I hit ctrl+shift+f12 the GSX menu comes up and I select request deboarding and the menu goes away and nothing happens. I can't bring up the menu up again with ctrl+shift+f12 any more and I have to reset coualt.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 01:33:42 pm »
We found a problem with the Live Updater, that in some cases didn't update *all* required files. The fix is online now, so you should download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager to get the new updater, and this should fix everything, provided you haven't removed anything manually from the Addon Manager folder.