Author Topic: KLAS update AFCAD and sode jetways not working **SOLVED**  (Read 21983 times)

Captjf

Re: KLAS update AFCAD and sode jetways not working
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 06:54:52 am »
I can't find any versions of SODE on my computer and I just did a couple fresh reinstalls and I see the SODE program open for a split second and then it closes

Captjf

Re: KLAS update AFCAD and sode jetways not working
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 08:01:54 am »
After trying to reinstall GSX again, I found the installer file for SODEv1.5 while GSX was installing and while the GSX installer still couldn't open the SODE dialog, I was able to install SODE after GSX finished manually.

Everything works nows :)
Thanks!

Cfoley

Re: KLAS update AFCAD and sode jetways not working **SOLVED**
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 03:41:39 am »
I am having the same problem.  I installed the latest GSX and KLAS installer, but the gate will not operate and the message "SODE not available".  I don't see SODE in my add on menu bar as well.   I did delete SimObjects in my control panel and then installed the latest GSX.   Is it possible I am missing a step?  Should I reinstall SODE 1.4.2 from their website?

Cfoley

Iced8383

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 06:34:46 am »
Similar issue to the above.  I installed the update and the jetways worked fine, but after running the live update due to missing vehicles my jetways at KLAS only broke.  KCLT, KMEM, and KIAH all work fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 04:36:12 pm »
Should I reinstall SODE 1.4.2 from their website?

I'll repeat it again: the last version of SODE is 1.5.0, and it's INCLUDED with GSX. There's no way you'll be ever able to use either GSX or KLAX with any version older than that.

Which is why, the GSX installer will force you to Uninstall any 1.4.x version before continuing

So, again, do what the installer says, and Uninstall any and every SODE version older than 1.5.0, and let GSX install the 1.5.0 which is included in the Installer.

I can see the SODE website has been updated with the 1.5.0 download so, hopefully, this would ease the confusion...

Iced8383

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 09:46:47 pm »
Similar issue to the above.  I installed the update and the jetways worked fine, but after running the live update due to missing vehicles my jetways at KLAS only broke.  KCLT, KMEM, and KIAH all work fine.

After a bit of additional detective work, it seems that this has to do with where aircraft spawn when I select a gate.  If I slew forward all the gates I've tested seem to work fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 10:10:18 pm »
After a bit of additional detective work, it seems that this has to do with where aircraft spawn when I select a gate.  If I slew forward all the gates I've tested seem to work fine.

I'm not sure I understand you.

Iced8383

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 11:42:30 pm »

I'm not sure I understand you.

If I select a parking spot at KLAS through the go to airport menu, the planes I've tested end up spawning too far back to activate the jetway, so GSX just throws a "no jetway available at this parking" warning.  If I slew my plane forward, however, the jetway will dock.  A lot of parking at the D/C concourses seem to have this problem.

Cfoley

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 02:13:32 am »
Despite having the lastest GSX full installer downloaded and any old SODE files deleted from my programs,  SODE will still not animate at KLAS gates.  
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 05:08:29 am by Cfoley »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2017, 12:43:18 pm »
If I slew my plane forward, however, the jetway will dock.  A lot of parking at the D/C concourses seem to have this problem.

Which is why, the latest GSX has a new feature that allows you to adjust the parking position and the stopping position, without having to touch the scenery AFCAD.

ChuckOman

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 07:59:54 pm »
Umberto -  
I've also had this "SODE unavailable, jetways will not animate" problem wtih KLAS after the scenery update to v2.
(I'm running Win7/P3Dv3.4, and have it installed over Orbx FTX NA SCA, with Holger's latest SCA compatibility patch.  I have FB KSFO HD installed also, and the SODE gates work fine there).  The new v2 KLAS looks great, and I have no elevation issues or floating gates.  But when I try to activate jetways in GSX, I get the message.   Have tried several different gates with same result. I confirmed via control panel that SODE is installed, have rerun the GSX v2.00.2 installer, confirmed that SODE is registered in all my products, then run Live Update, which apparently downloaded a new AFCAD (on relaunch of P3Dv3 got scenery rebuild message and GSX cache rebuild message). Other GSX functions appear normal.  Since SODE gates work at KSFO HD, assume problem is specific to KLAS.  Suggestions on what to try ?

Chuck
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 03:17:36 am by ChuckOman »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2017, 04:44:00 pm »
Since SODE gates work at KSFO HD, assume problem is specific to KLAS.  Suggestions on what to try ?

I'm sorry, but it's not possible that you would get a message about SODE being unavailable at KLAS, but would work on KSFO HD. Unless, for some reason, SODE worked on the first launch at KSFO, then quit for some reason, then you went to KLAS with no SODE loaded anymore. But this doesn't have anything to do with the scenery.

Try to start the sim, go to KLAS first, and see if you have the SODE menu there and if it works.

ChuckOman

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 01:41:28 am »
Tried launching P3Dv3.4 twice.  First launch set up at KLAS.  SODE gates inop, as reported above.

Then quit P3Dv3.4 entirely and re-launched the sim.  Set up same airplane, this time at a KSFO HD gate.  Here the SODE gates work as expected.

Is it possible there is something  different my KLAS scenery install that is making SODE unresponsive ?

Should mention that my P3Dv3.4 showe no Add-ons\SODE submenu when at either airport.  Should there be one showing ? Is that a clue ?  I think I recall seeing a SODE menu in my FSX airports.

Both airports are installed on top of an Orbx FTX region.  KSFO HD is on FTX NA NCA and KLAS is on FTX NA SCA.
One difference is that KLAS has Holger's CVX_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatability.BGL installed, while KSFO HD has no such mod.

Chuck

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2017, 10:41:24 am »
Should mention that my P3Dv3.4 showe no Add-ons\SODE submenu when at either airport.  Should there be one showing ? Is that a clue ?  I think I recall seeing a SODE menu in my FSX airports.

That's not normal. You are supposed to have a SODE menu under the "Addons" menu, with options to check if it's working, restart it, etc.

One difference is that KLAS has Holger's CVX_FTX-SCA_FSDT-KLAS_compatability.BGL installed, while KSFO HD has no such mod.

Are you sure GSX is reading the proper KLAS AFCAD, which is the one the comes in its folder ? You can check which AFCAD GSX is using in the parking customization page.

ChuckOman

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2017, 10:22:50 pm »
Umberto - My GSX Customization page says it is pointed to this AFCAD:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KLAS\scenery\AP_KLAS2.BGL
Does anything look amiss ?
I've attached a .jpg screenshot snip showing the rest of my KLAS scenery folder contents.

Not understanding why I'm not seeing the SODE menu in P3Dv3.4.  Is that worrisome ?
I do have a C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\P3Dv3 folder.
How and where does P3Dv3 normally call SODE ?   Does a .dll or .exe create the SODE add-ons menu ? 
Could there be missing entry in one of my .xml files ?

Chuck