Author Topic: KLAS update AFCAD and sode jetways not working **SOLVED**  (Read 21980 times)

Captjf

KLAS update AFCAD and sode jetways not working **SOLVED**
« on: May 31, 2017, 07:46:25 am »
I just updated KLAS and was wondering if a new AFCAD was going to be released since terminal 3 has no parking codes.

Also I can't seem to get sode to work, whenever I select operate jetway, I get a "SODE unavailable - Jetway will not animate" message.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 01:32:00 pm by virtuali »

flightwatch

Re: KLAS update AFCAD and sode jetways not working
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 07:52:25 am »
I just took a look at the AFCAD in ADE, and it's a hot mess.  I'm going to try to rework it, but it's gonna take me a little time.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a123/thecohortsska/Capture_1.jpg
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:54:36 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 07:54:50 am »
Please don't do that, we'll fix it of course...there must be a corrupted file somewhere on the server.

flightwatch

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 08:17:50 am »
Please don't do that, we'll fix it of course...there must be a corrupted file somewhere on the server.

I will rework it for my own use of course.  No worries though, I'm very well versed in the use of ADE  ;) .

What it looks like happened is when the AFCAD was compiled, it corrupted the parking lines.  The nodes are all off.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 08:26:09 am »
What it looks like happened is when the AFCAD was compiled, it corrupted the parking lines.  The nodes are all off.

The fixed file is already online now, so you can get it by running the Live Updater from the desktop shortcut. And it contains airline codes for Terminal 3, of course.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 08:31:33 am »
Also I can't seem to get sode to work, whenever I select operate jetway, I get a "SODE unavailable - Jetway will not animate" message.

KLAS requires GSX to use both SODE jetways and docking systems, so you must install it, otherwise you'll see only static jetways and not docking systems.

Mr_LoL

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 09:33:10 pm »

KLAS requires GSX to use both SODE jetways and docking systems, so you must install it, otherwise you'll see only static jetways and not docking systems.

Hi Umberto
I've just run the updater but the new Afcad hasn't downloaded. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 09:35:17 pm »
I've just run the updater but the new Afcad hasn't downloaded. Any ideas?

Are you sure, you mean you still have the corrupted one ? Try to remove it, and run the Updater again.

Captjf

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 02:16:48 am »

I have GSX installed and its still not working

flightwatch

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 02:38:58 am »
Are you sure, you mean you still have the corrupted one ? Try to remove it, and run the Updater again.

No Joy for the new AFCAD here either.  I removed the old one, and the update shows it downloading the AFCAD, but it's still corrupted.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2017, 03:30:47 am »
No Joy for the new AFCAD here either.  I removed the old one, and the update shows it downloading the AFCAD, but it's still corrupted.

I'm sorry, but I did exactly the same, and it's downloading the fixed file.

Captjf

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2017, 05:33:44 am »
I just downloaded the latest installer of GSX and reinstalled GSX and I am still getting the same message "SODE Unavailable" from gsx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2017, 05:36:17 am »
I just downloaded the latest installer of GSX and reinstalled GSX and I am still getting the same message "SODE Unavailable" from gsx

Have you registered SODE in the simulator, when its dialog asking to do so appeared during the installation ?

Captjf

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2017, 05:59:06 am »
I haven't seen a dialog about SODE, how do I go and register SODE?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2017, 06:11:18 am »
I haven't seen a dialog about SODE, how do I go and register SODE?

You are supposed to see the GSX installer pausing for a while, with the SODE platform manager asking to register. If if hasn't happened, then you must have some problem with SODE, which it's usually fixed by Uninstalling every version of it from the Windows Control Panel, then reinstalling GSX, which will install the latest one.