Author Topic: My entire scenery.cfg is trashed. **SOLVED**  (Read 17760 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: My entire scenery.cfg is trashed.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 10:13:41 pm »
But again, I can't load in P3dv3.4.9.  Can you tell, me what gives?  Why does this work with p3dv4 and not with p3dv3.4.9

There's no reason why it wouldn't but, please, in order to have a better chance to be supported, only use the latest version of each supported sim.

Just like in FSX, we ONLY supported SP2 or Acceleration, in P3DV3, we can only support the most current version of it because, you cannot expect we could test it with all the dozen of updates that has been made during its life.

So, please, update to the latest version, which is 3.4.23, and report back.

keino333

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2017, 01:57:16 am »
But again, I can't load in P3dv3.4.9.  Can you tell, me what gives?  Why does this work with p3dv4 and not with p3dv3.4.9

There's no reason why it wouldn't but, please, in order to have a better chance to be supported, only use the latest version of each supported sim.

Just like in FSX, we ONLY supported SP2 or Acceleration, in P3DV3, we can only support the most current version of it because, you cannot expect we could test it with all the dozen of updates that has been made during its life.

So, please, update to the latest version, which is 3.4.23, and report back.

updated and still  no sunshine.  btw the latest version is 3.4.22.19868. in fact it shuts down faster now.  I'm going to uninstall again

keino333

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2017, 02:04:32 am »
So I decided to uninstall one by one...starting with Charlotte......  guess what....its kclt.  Once I uninstalled it (kclt) prepar3dv3.4.22 and or v3.4.9 works and loads up perfectly
Correction...I had to uninstall the addon Manager and then clear/uninstall the other scenery too
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 07:33:05 am by keino333 »

Panman

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2017, 07:32:20 am »
Is there any way that I can edit the names of the sceneries please. 

You can do this by editing the <Name> tag (not the <Addon.Name>!! ) in the add-on.xml for the scenery, which is located in Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons

Okay I can rename them successfully.  How about reordering them so that all the FSDT entries do not appear at the top of my scenery list?

keino333

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2017, 09:19:35 am »
DO we need to turn off anti Virus or and assign privileges to the installers?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2017, 01:04:59 pm »
How about reordering them so that all the FSDT entries do not appear at the top of my scenery list?

They *should* appear on top of the list, because that's the safest place against possible conflicts caused by airports. The general rule, is that airports, which usually cover the smallest area, should always stay on top of sceneries covering larger areas.

It's not possible to rearrange them using the UI of the sim. The only way to do it, at this time, is to set the <Layer> property in the add-on.xml file, located in the Documents\Prepar3d v4 addons.

We hope that either LM or some 3rd party developer would came out with a solution, because the system definitely supports rearranging, just now with the default UI of the sim.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 02:53:13 pm by virtuali »

Panman

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2017, 02:24:06 pm »
They *should* appear on top of the list, because that's the safest place against possible conflicts caused by airports. The general rule, is that airports, which usually cover the smallest area, should always stay on top of sceneries covering larger areas.

When it comes to rearranging I know what I am doing.  I like to have my scenery in alphabetical order.  I don't put libraries, larger areas etc at the top.  It looks neater and it doesn't trigger my OCD when I have them arranged alphabetically.  Will try that layer property.

hawx2k

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2017, 07:45:52 pm »
I hate to add to this thread, but I'm at a loss now.

I had successfully installed KCTL into v4 and v3. It worked perfectly fine up until about 2 hours ago. I had not changed a thing. I wanted to test something in v3 for KCTL and then get back to v4. Once I tried opening v4 again, it crashed during startup.

To get to the bottom of this, I uninstalled KCTL (including the add-on manager) and re-installed it -> to no avail. Then I thought, what the hell, let's start with a fresh v4 install, I hadn't installed that much yet. Did that, worked flawlessly. Then re-installed KCTL -> same crash.

I really don't know what's going on, reading all the above issues and experiencing mine. And I don't want to be in Umberto's position. But something is wrong...

Was anything changed in the KCTL installer (Live update) over the last say 3 to 4 hours (between 1600 CET and 2000 CET)? That's the only clue I have at this point. Because it did work until then :O.

Edit: Even after only installing GSX (no other FSDT scenery is installed in v4) now lets P3D v4 crash at start up. Everything works fine until I install anything FSDT... I'm about to give up. v3 works flawlessly.

Edit 2: Once I uninstall GSX P3D v4 will start up as usual and work perfectly fine.

Edit 3: Tried the same with KLAS now -> same result. Once I have installed it P3D v4 crashes. Upon uninstall everything works fine...

I don't think there is anything else I can try?

Jan
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:36:09 pm by hawx2k »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2017, 09:36:34 pm »
See this thread named "Addon Manager crashes Prepar3D v4 **SOLVED** "

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15721.msg113190.html#msg113190

The user was also convinced it was something wrong with our software, because the sim started when disabling it. Had a  Teamviewer session with him and, guess what, it was Windows applying a sneaky compatibility setting, that's cause the conflict.

Once the flag was cleared, P3D started again immediately.

hawx2k

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2017, 10:40:57 pm »
Thanks so much Umberto. That did it. How do you find this stuff :)?

Glad I can finally start building up v4 again :)

Thanks,

Jan