FSDreamTeam forum
September 25, 2017, 07:30:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: GSX 1.9.9 with SODE integration has been released!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: FSDT Releases Charlotte and GSX, KLAS and P3D4 updates for all products. SALE!!  (Read 14042 times)
walouigi

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 01:15:13 PM »

Good morning Umberto,
I tried to get 4 scenery including KCLT, but I get only 37% discount, using the code of KCLT64 bit not 50% as promised. why?
Please advise.
Thanks
Hani
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 01:21:34 PM »

The discount applies to the other products you buy with KCLT, not to KCLT *itself*

walouigi

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 01:28:25 PM »

Thank you for clarifying that Umberto.
Regards
Captain Kevin

Captain Kevin

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »

It isn't.
Then you must haven't installed anything new yet. The icon for the new Live Updater will appear only after you install any of the new installers, and then can be used to keep everything updated.
That is correct. I haven't installed anything new yet, as I haven't purchased any scenery (I already have most of your stuff at this point). I guess in this case, I'd be better off re-downloading the installer for the airport from the products page and then re-installing the airport?

Captain Kevin
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »

I haven't installed anything new yet, as I haven't purchased any scenery (I already have most of your stuff at this point). I guess in this case, I'd be better off re-downloading the installer for the airport from the products page and then re-installing the airport?

There's no need to download the full scenery installers for existing installer sceneries you already have. Any new installer will move all our installed scenery into the new location, and reconfigure the sim to use them AND will automatically start Live  Update to get them to their latest version.

Captain Kevin

Captain Kevin

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 02:51:16 PM »

There's no need to download the full scenery installers for existing installer sceneries you already have. Any new installer will move all our installed scenery into the new location, and reconfigure the sim to use them AND will automatically start Live  Update to get them to their latest version.
What new installer are we talking about.

Captain Kevin
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 03:19:44 PM »

Quoting my previous reply:

Any new installer

Captain Kevin

Captain Kevin

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 03:40:08 PM »

Quoting my previous reply:

Any new installer
Here is where I am getting thrown off here. I saw that post, but when I asked if I was better off re-downloading an installer for an airport I already have and re-installing since I don't have any new scenery, you told me I didn't need to do that for any existing sceneries I already have since any new installer would do all this. I have not purchased any new scenery from you since I have almost everything you already have available, so what would I do in this situation since I don't plan on getting KCLT, either.

Captain Kevin
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2017, 03:44:21 PM »

what would I do in this situation since I don't plan on getting KCLT, either.

I really don't know how I could explain it any differently than I already did.

If you install ANY new FSDT installer now, whether it's GSX, or KLAS, or anything else, it will also:

1) Migrate ALL your existing FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries into a new folder, outside their original folders inside the sim, into a new folder that you'll be able to specify

2) configure the sceneries to appear in all the supported sim without any file duplication

3) Update them ALL to their most current version.

Captain Kevin

Captain Kevin

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 03:47:36 PM »

So in other words, I would have to re-install one of the airports I already have in order to do this, or can I just run an installer without uninstalling the airport. That's what I'm trying to figure out.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:04:53 PM by virtuali » Logged

Captain Kevin
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2017, 04:05:05 PM »

So in other words, I would have to re-install one of the airports I already have in order to do this, or can I just run an installer without uninstalling the airport. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I said ANY FSDT installer, not necessarily an airport. Even GSX, or just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. They will all do the same migration+update thing to all your other FSDT/Flightbeam sceneries that are already installed.

Captain Kevin

Captain Kevin

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2017, 04:09:40 PM »

I said ANY FSDT installer, not necessarily an airport. Even GSX, or just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. They will all do the same migration+update thing to all your other FSDT/Flightbeam sceneries that are already installed.
Copy. Already have GSX, so it's not going to be that, so I guess the Stand-Alone Add-on Manager is going to be it. Thanks for the help. Sorry if I seem too stupid to try to figure this out. Think my old age might be getting to me here.

Captain Kevin
nigelgrant

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2017, 05:03:46 AM »

I have installed my previously purchased airports - Vancouver, Honolulu, Hawaiian Airports 1 and 2, Geneva and Zurich, and they installed like a breeze, with the new installer system. I was very impressed, and thank you for this free update to P3D_4.

But I have a question, they are at the top of the scenery library and cannot be moved - why is this?

regards
Nigel
Vancouver

ps huge fps increase at CYVR, P3D_4 looks to be a great simulator!
isac2254

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 07:33:21 AM »

As others have asked, where do we find the GSX and KLAS update?   Are they in the Charlotte installer?

The new Live Updater will take care of everything. By installing KCLT, if you already had (for example) KLAS installed, it will be migrated into the new folder and the new installation system.

Then, at the end of the KCLT installation, the Live Updater will be launched and, if it finds your migrated KLAS, it will update it automatically to the latest version, downloading and installing whatever will be necessary to bring to the very latest version.

For GSX, I'd say it's probably best if you download the new Full installer now.

However, it's possible this will be the last time you'll ever have to download something "old" from FSDT, since the new Live Updater will always keep *everything* updated.

There's a Desktop shortcut for it, you can run it at any time, and will update everything related FSDT.

Do you have to buy the KCLT addon to get the updates?
virtuali
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 01:52:01 PM »

Do you have to buy the KCLT addon to get the updates ?

No, it's enough to install at least one product using the new installers, and it will update everything.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: