Author Topic: Prepar3D 4 FSDT Upgrade informations  (Read 61577 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prepar3D 4 FSDT Upgrade informations
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2017, 10:17:07 pm »
So if I understand this correctly. I'm installing Prepar3D V4 on a new 1tb SSD drive all it's own.  So I can direct GAX and my FTDT folders to a root directory in that drive. or will FSdreamteam create a folder and I should direct it just to the root K:\ Drive??

The first time you install an FSDT product, it will let you choose a folder freely so, for example, if you choose the K: drive, it will install into K:\Addon Manager.

The next FSDT product you will install, it will install automatically there. This will be a single folder, shared for all supported sim.

Mr_LoL

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 12:10:11 am »
Hi Umberto. Are the installers ready?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 12:11:54 am »
Hi Umberto. Are the installers ready?

They all are, we are just finishing testing them, and this will of course be obvious when the home page will change.

pilot3033

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 06:22:22 pm »
Any plans to upgrade LAX with SODE?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2017, 06:26:49 pm »
Any plans to upgrade LAX with SODE?

Everything will be updated with SODE in time.

kihew

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 11:50:08 pm »
Well - wonderful news, specially the compliments on Lockheed martin's team. If you see them, send them my best! :D  I hadn't been this excited for the future of this hobby since the move from FS2000 to FS2002 (there was a change of paradigm there as well).

Alex

Morten

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2017, 02:13:59 am »
Amazing and wonderful!!!!!!  :D

Just uncertain about how to, in plain practice, execute/transform already bought FSX_FSDT scenery*.exe files into the P3D4 environment?  :-\
I tried to use the new FSDT Live Update in the hope that it would recognize my FSX_FSDT scenery* installation and automaticity implement the scenery into my new P3D4 environment. Doesn't seem to work that way...so how do we actually manage this??

Cheers,
Morten

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2017, 02:22:05 am »
I tried to use the new FSDT Live Update in the hope that it would recognize my FSX_FSDT scenery* installation and automaticity implement the scenery into my new P3D4 environment. Doesn't seem to work that way...so how do we actually manage this??

You must install at least one updated installer, which can be either a scenery, GSX or just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. This will migrate all your installed sceneries to the new installation folder and will activate them in Prepar3d V4 and, finally, it will run the Live Updater automatically, to update them all.

Morten

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2017, 09:57:36 pm »
No, that doesn't do the trick for all of your airports (I have all your airports - except the Hawaii ones)
Zurich and Geneva works fine - the rest is randomly not being integrated into P3D4...

My path to the addon manager is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager
My path to P3D4: B:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

PS. Before adding any executing FSDT update possibilities, I actually had a reinstall of P3D4 changing the path from the first install: B:\ to the new current path: B:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.
By doing this, I guess I might potentially have some michmach inside the registry which could misguide the FSDT Addon manager. As it happens, I'm fully familiar with editing the registry - would you mind to PM me some instructions in what to edit inside here on my own responsibility?   

Cheers,
Morten   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2017, 11:47:52 am »
No, that doesn't do the trick for all of your airports (I have all your airports - except the Hawaii ones). Zurich and Geneva works fine - the rest is randomly not being integrated into P3D4...

It should, for every airport, since the migration routine is one and works exactly the same. The registry is not involved at all, not in the migration at least.

The only requirement is that your scenery.cfg is clean with no syntax errors, and you had your FSDT sceneries in their original locations where our original installers placed them.

But if you have issues and the migration didn't work, it might just be easier to uninstall every FSDT airport from the Windows Control Panel, then re-download and reinstall all our sceneries, because we updated all installers to the latest standard.

The migration was made just to not force everybody doing this and, if all files are clean as explained above, it generally works.

Morten

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 12:25:01 am »
Well, perhaps it's because I, regarding to FSX, took away the "B:\" in front of the scenery location inside my Scenery Config Editor tool - just in order to make the tool work more smoothly, because ORBX's FTX Central use to mess everything up inside when the  "B:\" was present. 

Anyway, I'll try and reinstall the scenery files, one by one, through your new installers, as you wrote.

Cheers,
Morten