Author Topic: August 6th Update  (Read 5044 times)

RFarmah

Re: August 6th Update
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 08:19:45 pm »
Below is my FSX.cfg. If any changes need to be made, feel free to make as needed.

RFarmah

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 11:29:37 pm »
Is there anything else I can do or that you need from my end?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2019, 12:07:51 am »
Your FSX.CFG is probably one of the most corrupted .CFG files I ever saw.

The reason for nothing working, was because there were lots of line which were supposed to be in the [Main] section, ended up duplicated many times in the [Bufferpools] section. You must have edited it by hand, since the [Bufferpools] section doesn't exists, by default.

Here's the corrected file, fixed as best as I could.

RFarmah

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2019, 12:27:57 am »
Everything worked great! Thank you very much for the cfg correction. I do have the remaining issue of the cargo containers not matching the airline. I made sure to try and update the software again. Below is the cfg for the 777-300er.  I'm not sure what else to do for the cargo containers that this update addressed.

[fltsim.4]
title=PMDG 777-312(ER) Singapore Airlines 9V-SNA
sim=B777-300ER
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=9V-SNA
atc_airline=SINGAPORE
atc_id=9V-SNA
atc_flight_number=44
atc_parking_codes=SIA
atc_model=777-300ER
atc_heavy=1
atc_parking_types=GATE
atc_type=BOEING
ui_createdby=PMDG
ui_manufacturer=Boeing
ui_type=777-300ERX
ui_typerole=777-300ERX
ui_variation=Singapore Airlines 9V-SNA
airline_name=Singapore Airlines
description=Singapore Airlines Repaint by Alex Farmer/Goldstar Textures\Boeing 777-300ER powered by GE90 engines v 1.0\nPMDG Simulations\nwww.precisionmanuals.com \n\nProduced under license from Boeing Management Company.\n\nBoeing 777, 777-300, 777-300ER & Boeing are among the trademarks owned by Boeing.
visual_damage=0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2019, 12:51:27 am »
I do have the remaining issue of the cargo containers not matching the airline. I made sure to try and update the software again. Below is the cfg for the 777-300er.  I'm not sure what else to do for the cargo containers that this update addressed.

In FSX, this has been already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21178.msg146809.html#msg146809

Butch

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2019, 07:47:59 pm »
Hi,

I downloaded the latest update ala live update for the Aug 6 update and and so far everything is great (P3D V3.4)
What I'd like to know about these "updates" ; is the only way to access updates is thru the live update process or
is there an exe file of the update(s) that I could download and install offline? I thought that that download the GSX.exe
from here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx_level2.html would contain or include the latest updates.
I imagine it might as the installer is programmed to push the updates as well. But that way, I have to get the cow in order
to get the milk -  ;)

Now I'm inclined to believe that if I did what I mentioned above ^ it would install the basic and then push any and all updates.
 I am accustomed to software updates with version numbers to them i.e.,  XXXV1.2 etc.  

If I had to restore GSX/GSX2 for whatever reason, I could just install latest file and any archived updates off line. It would take less time that way.

Edit I guess this latest was considered a bug fix and as such, was relegated to Live update in lieu of installer program:
Based on logic of your last here : http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=21137.0
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 08:50:36 pm by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2019, 11:47:58 pm »
What I'd like to know about these "updates" ; is the only way to access updates is thru the live update process or is there an exe file of the update(s) that I could download and install offline? I thought that that download the GSX.exe

The current installer already contains all the updates until August 6th, but it doesn't contain the small fixes we published in the last 2 days. It would be a bit too much to repackage the installer each time we have even small fixes, that would defeat the purpose of having a "Live" update to begin with.