Author Topic: Shutters around KJFK  (Read 4167 times)

ChrisLo

Shutters around KJFK
« on: February 14, 2009, 02:05:28 pm »
Hello,

I'm currently evaluating KJFK for FS9, and while the scenery looks very very nice i cannot enjoy it to the fullest due to annoying shutters around the airport.

Is there anyway to resolve this annoying issue (this is the only issue i have with the scenery, and once it will be resolved i will purchase it)

My Specs are : E6600 @ 2.88ghz , 3gb ram , 8800gt
Scenery Level : Normal , Autogen level : Normal.
AA - 8Q AF - 16.

Can you shed some light on this issue ? maybe disabling some buildings surrounding the airport or something ?

Thank you in advance.

Chris.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Shutters around KJFK
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:26:32 pm »
You have a reasonably capable machine (is similar to mine, just that I don't overclock), which should be able to run FSX. Why don't you try the FSX version ?

Stutters in FS9 are usually caused the the textures loading mechanism and, if a scenery has a lot of textures (don't forget that it's not "just" the JFK airport that need to be loaded, but also the whole surrounding scenery) since FS9 doesn't support the loading of terrain/texture with the 2nd core, your dual core CPU is wasted in FS9, when *loading* is concerned. FSX DOES load the terrain and texture with both cores, and this is particulary apparent with the reduction of stuttering.

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do, because the FS9 version is derived from the FSX version so, the scenery is designed to run at its best on FSX. Don't forget that, when you buy JFK, you are buying both versions...