Author Topic: What DO those road signs say at JFK ?  (Read 4236 times)

grasshopper

What DO those road signs say at JFK ?
« on: February 16, 2009, 01:41:42 am »
This observation is of no real consequence, but I am still curious enough to wtite about it.

Flying over the JFK scenery in the R22 helicopter, as I like to do with many of my other airport scenery addons, I couldn't help noticing that quite a few of the freeway signs are actually inscribed with the same words, as follows :  "Your Mother's House" ( Top Line ) , then "Your Father's House and New Family" (Second and third lines ) 

Other than the obvious humor in those freeway sign inscriptions, I was wondering if there is a reason that those particular words appear on so many of the road signs in JFK.     Cloud9's  LAX, for example, has road-signs that are geographically accurate, pointing out the correct lanes to exit the airport to Century Boulevard, as an example, and that got me wondering why JFK, which is so amazingly real in many respects, has that same joke written just about everywhere you look. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:44:08 am by grasshopper »

mave128

Re: What DO those road signs say at JFK ?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 11:44:14 pm »
best wishes,
sören

grasshopper

Re: What DO those road signs say at JFK ?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:20:32 am »
Ha ha  thanks for the response, Mave.   I actually did a thread search before I wrote about this, but oddly enough, the thread in your link didn't come up.