Author Topic: Cargo Loaders  (Read 4207 times)

ozflyer

Cargo Loaders
« on: April 27, 2017, 05:49:43 am »
When The cargo loaders finish, wiuld it be possible for each cargo loader to trigger thst particular door closure.

Sometimes the AFT cargo loader is completed and moves back to its position, while the FWD cargo loader is still continuing to load.

This leaves the AFT cargo soor open with no activity, which does not look natural.

Why cant each cargo loader trigger door closure as soon as its finished loading?.

Can it be done ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozflyer

Re: Cargo Loaders
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 04:07:45 am »
Bump

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 09:24:26 am »
GSX doesn't close doors automatically, for a precise choice of NOT touching the aircraft systems, because there might be unexpected consequences if it tried to do that, like affecting non-standard airplane system related to the door itself (electrical or hydraulics).

ozflyer

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 11:31:52 pm »
GSX doesn't close doors automatically, for a precise choice of NOT touching the aircraft systems, because there might be unexpected consequences if it tried to do that, like affecting non-standard airplane system related to the door itself (electrical or hydraulics).

Umberto - What I was requesting was that loader request closure ofvthe cargo door similar to open.

That way the pilot or virtual copilot ( i have multi crew experience) will close the individual cargo door as loading is completed. This just adds to a bit more realism.

It is odd seeing a cargo door left open with no activity. I do not think this is a huge effort to code that in maybe in the next update/parch ?.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 11:41:02 am »
Umberto - What I was requesting was that loader request closure ofvthe cargo door similar to open.

It already does that. In fact, what you were reporting

Sometimes the AFT cargo loader is completed and moves back to its position, while the FWD cargo loader is still continuing to load.

shouldn't normally happen in GSX, because a Cargo loader will not move back into position unless you close the Service door related to that vehicle. There are some cases when this might happen and are:

- You use a default airplane or any other airplane with both cargo doors sharing the same variables. In this case, GSX cannot ask you to close one of the door independently from the other, because they are not independent in the airplane itself.

OR

- You set a door as "Door with no open/close checks" in the GSX configuration editor, which means you told GSX to go ahead with services without checking for a door status.

These are the only cases where a cargo loader would move away without asking for the service door to be closed first.

ozflyer

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 02:58:12 am »
This happens only with PMDG 777 and 747 v3. Both as we know are natively supported by GSX and i have not touched default cargo door configs. They are as they were shipped, i only changed/swapped exits.

What else could be making the AFT loader to compkete and move back into position leaving the AFT cargo door open/unattended ?.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 11:38:24 am »
What else could be making the AFT loader to compkete and move back into position leaving the AFT cargo door open/unattended ?.

Another program doing things automatically. You said you use the MCE product. I never seen it but, I know it interfaces with GSX so, the only possible explanation, is that program has acted on the door of the airplane, so GSX assumed it was closed, but it wasn't really closed, because is tied to some internal PMDG simulation.

There IS a reason GSX DOES NOT try to open/close doors automatically, and this an example of problems caused by trying to act on airplane system without taking into account all consequences. GSX never changes an airplane variable, it only reads them, because it's safer.

Hans

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2017, 12:31:31 pm »
I'm glad you chose to code it that way, it'd be a mess if all add-on software would start doing things on its own in an uncoordinated fashion. Good choice!

Grtz., Hans