Author Topic: bglmanx.dll - Entry Point not found  (Read 3010 times)

ddressel

bglmanx.dll - Entry Point not found
« on: May 01, 2017, 12:03:40 am »
hi everybody,
stupid as I am, I quit GSX in the FSX menue.
Re-starting FSX there came a few error messages for the couatl engine, "do you really wana run, YES, NO..." don´t remember :-((
Fact: GSX didn´t appear in the FSX menue.
Re-installed GSX.
Starting FSX the following error message appeared:
bglmanx.dll - Entry Point not found
The procedure entry point K32EnumProcesModules could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll
De-installed GSx, Couatl, removed all Virtuali entries in the ProgramData and AppData\Loacal Raoaming Folders
and re-installed GSX. Same message.
Has anyone any idea?
All "Entryy point" posts I found are Simconnect errors
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:26:17 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx.dll - Entry Point not found
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 11:30:23 am »
The procedure entry point K32EnumProcesModules could not be located in the dynamic link library kernel32.dll

Do you use Windows Vista ?

If yes, that's the cause of the problem. As discussed in other threads, Vista is no longer supported. Starting from April 11th, Vista is no longer officially supported by Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22882/windows-vista-end-of-support

And from that date, we also removed Vista as a supported OS from our website so, the current version of our software doesn't support it anymore.

If downloaded the installer when Vista was still supported, you can block the automatic download of the latest version (which doesn't support Vista), by running the GSX installer with the network cable disconnected or the network disabled in the settings.

It's possible the next update might support Vista again, but we cannot guarantee this, and won't test for it.

ddressel

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 06:41:03 pm »
hm, thats really bad news...
So I hope you make the "old" installer available for your customers still using Vista.
You can´t expect to buy a new car when you get no more spare part for the engine, I think you will also change the brand of car.
Hope to hear good news soon...
Dieter

P.S.
What about the scenerys?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 07:15:43 pm »
So I hope you make the "old" installer available for your customers still using Vista.

As I've said, if you downloaded the installer when Vista was still supported, you can block the automatic download of the latest version (which doesn't support Vista), by running the GSX installer with the network cable disconnected or the network disabled in the settings.

You can´t expect to buy a new car when you get no more spare part for the engine, I think you will also change the brand of car.

Well, since it's the OS itself which is not supported anymore, I guess if you want to stick to your car analogy, if you really want to change brand, because Microsoft stopped to support Vista, you should switch to Mac OSX.

And, to continue your car analogy, if you suspected your OS would be unsupported soon (Microsoft announced EOL support for Vista years ago), you should keep your "spare parts" ( which is the previous version of our installer ) in a safe place.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 07:17:39 pm »

As I've said, if you downloaded the installer when Vista was still supported, you can block the automatic download of the latest version (which doesn't support Vista), by running the GSX installer with the network cable disconnected or the network disabled in the settings.

Well, since it's the OS itself which is not supported anymore, I guess if you want to stick to your car analogy, if you really want to change brand, because Microsoft stopped to support Vista, you should switch to Mac OSX.

And, to continue your car analogy, if you suspected your OS would be unsupported soon (Microsoft announced EOL support for Vista years ago), you should keep your "spare parts" ( which is the previous version of our installer ) in a safe place.

But again, as I've said, it's possible the next update might support Vista again, but we cannot guarantee this, and won't test for it.