Author Topic: Pushback stops abruptly (no smooth stopping)  (Read 4197 times)

Fangzahn

Pushback stops abruptly (no smooth stopping)
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:05:00 pm »
I have a strange problem that I can't seem to fix.

GSX works fine at the beginning of the pushback. It starts slow and smooth but after aligning the aircraft with the taxiway (at any airport, with any aircraft), the truck doesn't stop but keeps pushing back until it stops abruptly without slowly coming to a halt. After setting the parking brakes everything works like it should. Here's a short video showing the problem:

The problem occured after the last big update (the one with the additional vehicles) some weeks or months ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled both the Addon Manager/Couatl and GSX several times without any luck...I'm out of ideas.

FSX SP2
GSX Full installer: Last updated 19-apr-17
Addon Manager: 3.1.0.1

Marcel Kade

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback stops abruptly (no smooth stopping)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 07:08:43 pm »
The problem occured after the last big update (the one with the additional vehicles) some weeks or months ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled both the Addon Manager/Couatl and GSX several times without any luck...I'm out of ideas.

That's because it's NOT a problem, but it's a bugfix. In previous version, the pushback stopped too soon, so the truck ended with the towbar not aligned with the plane.

This version now correctly push a bit more, in order to straighten the truck with the airplane.

We'll check why it doesn't seem to stop more gently.

Fangzahn

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:22:55 pm »
That's because it's NOT a problem, but it's a bugfix. In previous version, the pushback stopped too soon, so the truck ended with the towbar not aligned with the plane.

That makes total sense, I'm sorry for mistakenly declaring that as part of the bug! The only thing that bothers me is the AES-like stopping ;)

ScottecLEMD

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 11:43:01 pm »
+1 :)

Prior to the pushback fix, the procedure was very smooth, now it's like some has stomped on the brakes.

grattis

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 03:40:58 pm »
any update to this pushback issue? I am still getting these issue with especially 777.

grattis

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 01:36:22 pm »
any updates or solutions fo that issue?

Ricochetv1

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 01:47:36 am »
Funny thing that happened one time... GSX had connected to the plane when I had to pause and do something. Then, FSX glitched and sent the plane rolling forward fast, taking the truck with it.

FSLA320User

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 10:00:38 pm »
Why no fix i have the same bug also by V2 ?