Author Topic: JFK V2  (Read 5149 times)

unc1rlm

JFK V2
« on: March 10, 2017, 04:13:34 pm »
I installed today 3-10-17 JFK V2..file details says 2.4xxx and it asked if I wanted to install afcad which I did. When I go to airport and want to select an item..it lists runways and nothing but cargo ga ramps..no gates or anything for commercial aviation..etc. Can someone tell me what to do to get it back to the commercial side gates etc.

Thank you Umberto for a great product!!

Best Regards,
Bob M.

gcrewmc

Re: JFK V2
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 07:18:07 pm »
Are the gate assignments like 415, 702 etc.?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 10:25:17 am »
It's likely you have another AFCAD from another product in conflict. Most likely, an AFCAD that came with an AI traffic package, like MyTraffic or similar, which contains an AFACD that should be used only if you have the default JFK.

You can use the Simple Airport Scanner free utility to search for AFCAD conflicts, and remove them.

unc1rlm

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 01:14:40 pm »
Thanks Everyone :)

Bob M.

unc1rlm

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 06:37:52 pm »
new at this afcad business. I used the airport scanner for say jfk.. It lists 2 folders Layer 140..points to D:\FsDreamteam\KJFK\scenery\appr_KJFK.BGL  and second folder is identical except after scenery\KJFK_FSDT.BGL   is that right. In JFK it lists runways...then GATE 101--RAMP GA..numbered and the GATE 220--RAMP GA/ then later Parking etc..mostly GA and Cargo.  I know kennedy has 8 terminals and each has designation like Terminal 1- G01 etc  then Terminal 3  01,02 etc..   Maybe making something of nothing but just wanted to have the right stuff. I did uninstall and reinstall and the dropdown was the same.

Thanks for any enlightenment..
Warmest Regards,
Bob M.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 11:18:10 pm »
In JFK it lists runways...then GATE 101--RAMP GA..numbered and the GATE 220--RAMP GA/ then later Parking etc..mostly GA and Cargo.  I know kennedy has 8 terminals and each has designation like Terminal 1- G01 etc  then Terminal 3  01,02 etc..   Maybe making something of nothing but just wanted to have the right stuff.

You DO have the right stuff. When you say "In JFK it lists runways..." I assume you mean the default FSX Go To Airport menu. That menu is very limited as far as naming conventions, so you CANNOT have a terminal realistically named as in JFK, because the definitions there are hard-coded in the program, and it simply cannot accept something like Terminal 1 Gate 2, it would appear like "102" in the default menu. Also, the type is all GA, in order to get rid of the default ground vehicles.

This would be a problem for every scenery out there but, fortunately, we have GSX, which allows to override the default parking naming system, and use its own, which is more powerful.

So, if you use the GSX parking selection menu, with the "Just warp me there" option, you can see the terminals named realistically, and replace the default "Go To airport" menu, which you can use to just go there, for example on the active runway, then use GSX to move to the parking.

unc1rlm

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 09:18:33 pm »
Thanks Umberto. Guess it is the default names. Using KJFK :)
Thanks for your help.
Warmest Regards,
Bob M.

Flying Fred

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 12:14:33 pm »
I have KJFK V2.0 installed and have the same problem and have also FSAerodata installed. When I run the Simple Airport Scanner the FS Aerodata KJFK.BGL file and 2 Navaids/scenery files show up: FSAD_comms.BGL
Should I delete these or are there other options to obtain the normal Terminal and Gates when opening the menu?

Kindest regards,

Fred

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 12:48:37 pm »
Should I delete these or are there other options to obtain the normal Terminal and Gates when opening the menu?

If you use a 3rd party airport addon, you should always use the AFCAD that comes with it, and remove all the extra AFCADs, which are usually made to enhance the default scenery, especially if they contain taxiway/runways/parkings.