Author Topic: Parking positions at KMEM  (Read 3839 times)

bankflyer

Parking positions at KMEM
« on: April 19, 2017, 04:49:53 pm »
HI, I purchased KMEM this morning and find that all the gates are labeled "Parking GA" and my AI traffic will not show up at all; they are set up using "gates". I use WOAI aircraft for my AI traffic. Why are all the parking positions listed as GA parking or Parking Cargo and not gates? Please help....and thanks

bankflyer

Re: Parking positions at KMEM
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 05:41:49 am »
I figured this out after reading the KMEM manual and the GSX manual. You can change the AFCAD parking options and even state which airlines park at which gates by using the airline codes in GSX, and referencing those to the actual airline gate assignments at Memphis from Wikipedia. You folks have a great product here which looks and works great on my machine. Thanks very much.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:38 pm »
You can change the AFCAD parking options and even state which airlines park at which gates by using the airline codes in GSX

Yes, but note the airline code in GSX will be used by GSX vehicles only, to set the livery used, but won't be used by AI.

However, they are READ from the AFCAD file, and those in the AFCAD are the ones that drive AI so, if you don't make any changes, they will match, and AI will always use the data from the AFCAD so, provided your AI have been properly set with airline codes in their aircraft.cfg files, they will be assigned to their parkings (provided the parking size is correct, of course), so the type of parking won't matter anymore.

bankflyer

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 03:49:41 am »
I understand and thanks for the response and help. I really like the Memphis product; the only thing I have seen wrong that baffles me is flying into KMEM at night, the airport lights are all out... If you start at the airport at a gate at night everything is fine...Any thoughts on this anyone?