Author Topic: What type of Flight Setup are you using?  (Read 5445 times)

cobrales

What type of Flight Setup are you using?
« on: April 16, 2017, 10:28:29 am »
I just finished my new flight setup. I'm using a customized Logitech Extreme 3D wired to a X45 Saitek throttle and a Logitech Driving Force Pro for my Rudder and Taxiing. I found a video chair with built in speakers. My monitor is a dell 27". This is all supported by a 1 1/2" PVC pipe frame. I have the choice of using my 32" TV as a primary or secondary monitor. Sound is from my Yamaha stereo and seat headrest speakers. This gives the ultimate Doppler effect on those high speed flyovers.

This gives me a stable platform for a enjoyable day of flying. I can also make a few quick changes  and convert to a driving setup.

Les
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:09:01 am by cobrales »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: What type of Flight Setup are you using?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:38:03 am »
Les,

I have a Frankenstein setup here.  For my flight stick, I use the Saitek X-65 (....yes, the force sensing one that doesn't move.  I few of my friends have tried it out and hate it, but I love it.).  For the throttle, I have the Saitek X-55 and, I use the rudder pedals from the Logitech G940 Flight System.  All of this is attached to a customized Ikea chair that I got a few years back. 

Got some basic headsets from Microsoft (Microsoft Chat LX-3000) and Track IR from Natural Point. 

I've got an old Sony 48" LCD that I use to display Sim stuff and a smaller 19" monitor to display everything else on such as TeamSpeak Info, Chat, Airport info, etc.

I'll attach some pictures of my setup once I get home.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:31:20 am »
I refuse to embarrass myself by posting a picture of my easy chair, Thrustmaster joystick, and 27" monitor sitting on a bar-stool slightly off to one side (so a guy with bad feet and lousy balance can get to the chair) a couple feet in front of me. Not to mention my keyboard sitting on a 1"X12"X24" board in my lap (where the joystick goes when I am flying, too).

Nope, won't do it. :D :D  :P  ;)  :'( ::)

Works for me. I can't afford all that fancy good stuff you guys have...
Have fun, whatever you use!
Pat☺

cobrales

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 11:50:07 am »
Better picture.....

Les

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 09:34:07 am »
Here's mine.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:37:12 am by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

cobrales

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 09:36:32 am »
Impressive....

Les