Author Topic: CTD - Trying to customize aircraft in GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 3616 times)

panzer2181

CTD - Trying to customize aircraft in GSX **SOLVED**
« on: April 10, 2017, 03:22:11 am »
Hello,

I have recently installed FSX SE on my PC with GSX, latest version of FSUIPC, and a few payware scenery add-on from FSDT, Aerosoft, and Taxi2Gate.

While attempting to customize my aircraft with GSX, I always get a CTD.  In fact, anytime FSX attempts to minimize for a 3rd party software to run, it crashes.  I also have a 2nd monitor which is blacked out whenever I try to play FSX.  I have tried to alt+enter, which kinda works for a while, but it still crashes if I alt+tab or open GSX.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My PC specs are as follows:
i5 6600k - Oc'd at 4.6ghz
GTX 970
16gb RAM 2800ghz

Here is the crash log I verified in Windows event viewer:

fsx.exe
   559f9a9a
   ntdll.dll
   58256ca0
   c000041d
   00026dc9
   f24
   01d2b197139389ca
   E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
   C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
   5faaeedb-d5e0-4754-be8a-d679ce430945

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 12:03:10 pm by virtuali »

panzer2181

Re: CTD - Trying to customize aircraft in GSX
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 03:34:35 am »
Update:

I removed the dll.xml file to see what would happen.  No more issues - I can alt+tab as much as I want without issues - though the add-on manager module (and FSUIPC) is gone... which doesnt really help what I was trying to do... though at least the CTD is over for now.

Again, any assistance would be really appreciated at this point.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 08:51:21 am »
I removed the dll.xml file to see what would happen.  No more issues - I can alt+tab as much as I want without issues - though the add-on manager module (and FSUIPC) is gone... which doesnt really help what I was trying to do... though at least the CTD is over for now.

The GUI you see in the Customize Aircraft panel doesn't have anything to do with the DLL.XML and the Addon Manager. It's created entirely by Couatl.exe, which runs externally to the sim and it's started from the EXE.XML instead so, if you cleared your DLL.XML file and this fixed your crash, it clearly indicates the cause of the crash must be was something else.

So, re-enable JUST the Addon Manager (otherwise nothing from FSDT will ever start) with no other modules enabled, and try again.

Enabling/Disabling a module is accomplished more easily by setting the <Disabled>True</Disabled> flag in the relevant module section of the DLL.XML file, rather than removing the whole file.

panzer2181

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 02:47:16 am »

The GUI you see in the Customize Aircraft panel doesn't have anything to do with the DLL.XML and the Addon Manager. It's created entirely by Couatl.exe, which runs externally to the sim and it's started from the EXE.XML instead so, if you cleared your DLL.XML file and this fixed your crash, it clearly indicates the cause of the crash must be was something else.

So, re-enable JUST the Addon Manager (otherwise nothing from FSDT will ever start) with no other modules enabled, and try again.

Enabling/Disabling a module is accomplished more easily by setting the <Disabled>True</Disabled> flag in the relevant module section of the DLL.XML file, rather than removing the whole file.

Ok I'll check it out.

Thanks for the reply

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 12:17:45 pm »
You could try to set fsx to start in windowed mode not full screen. then load into fsx and it should not crash after. This is a problem I do not know how it started I think one Nvidia driver a long time ago.

panzer2181

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2017, 04:57:32 pm »
You could try to set fsx to start in windowed mode not full screen. then load into fsx and it should not crash after. This is a problem I do not know how it started I think one Nvidia driver a long time ago.

Yes I saw that suggestion in other forums, but it was not always the best way to fix the issue.

Obviously, after deleting the xml file, it became clear that I had a module that was faulty... the issue is that I do not know which one...

panzer2181

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2017, 06:08:37 pm »

I think I found the issue...

I had VistaMare installed as a module, and I think that may be the cause.  I remember reading in the Aerosoft forums that Vistamare is NOT compatible with FSX SE.

I'll see how that goes

panzer2181

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2017, 06:21:26 pm »
oooohhh yah

Vistamare was definitely the culprit.

I have been working for the past 20 mins in windowed mode with absolutely no issues.

A big thank you for tech support on helping me out to zoom into the exact culprit.

Cheers!