Author Topic: Afcad Airports  (Read 2415 times)

raynuss

Afcad Airports
« on: April 03, 2017, 08:46:08 pm »
I know this has been discussed several times but I feel I must add my two cents here.  I am aware that GSX will supposedly only read complete afcads of airports but according to my tests, this isn't true.  I have several airports that are complete ie. they are not just an overlay of added gates to a default FSX airport but contain all the runways, taxiways, etc. and GSX still will not read the afcad.  I know the airports are complete because I created the afcads myself.  The only afcads GSX seems to read are those that only add scenery objects to a default airport.  If more gates are added or if original gates are moved, GSX will not recognize them.  This problem makes GSX unusable at most of my airports and as such I plan to remove the program.  I'd rather do without GSX than have to remove my afcad's.   >:(

JESEVI

Re: Afcad Airports
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 09:18:30 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

You should test the log and check why GSX didn't read the airport. I had in the past some issues regarding the bgl's size, and had to adjust a parameter in the couatl.ini file to allow the app to include then in the database.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14187.0.html

Best regards
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:37:40 am by JESEVI »
Jesus Serrano

Greetings from sunny Spain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Afcad Airports
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 09:33:10 am »
I am aware that GSX will supposedly only read complete afcads of airports but according to my tests, this isn't true. 

I can only confirm that GSX will read any correct and complete AFCAD and, of course, it does it in priority order, so the highest layered ones for the same ICAO will be read by preference.

If your AFCAD is not read, it can only due to one the following:

- The AFCAD is not complete, so it doesn't contain at least one parking and a taxiway connected to it.

- The AFCAD has a lower priority compared to another one for the same ICAO

- The AFCAD is bigger than the default threshold size, which is used to speed up the search for airports, as discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13489.msg100092.html#msg100092

There might be other minor mistakes triggering an AFCAD rejection, but if you enable Logging in the Troubleshooting sections of the GSX - Settings, the log created will tell you why an AFCAD has been rejected by GSX.