Author Topic: Dancing Marshallers  (Read 4132 times)

Butch

Dancing Marshallers
« on: March 24, 2017, 09:37:41 pm »
Due to lack of humor here I delete the video.

I was just inviting those interested to look and maybe enjoy  the video, nothing more.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:16:35 pm by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dancing Marshallers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 10:25:06 pm »
Maybe GSX could be update with these dancing marshallers:

"Updated" ? The dancing marshaller has been a famous GSX Easter Egg since it was RELEASED, in 2012!

But of course, it takes effort ( it must be a "Very Good Parking" ) and a bit of luck, because he'll only dance 20% of the time you do a perfect parking.

Butch

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 12:51:25 am »
Maybe GSX could be update with these dancing marshallers:

"Updated" ? The dancing marshaller has been a famous GSX Easter Egg since it was RELEASED, in 2012!

But of course, it takes effort ( it must be a "Very Good Parking" ) and a bit of luck, because he'll only dance 20% of the time you do a perfect parking.

The Utube video was meant to be enjoyed. ya know, a funny, a ha ha ha.  This was just a little levity for an otherwise somber world.
Sounds like you don't have a sense of humor.  I'm  sure "others" out there found it humorous as I did.

FWIW: I bought your GSX standalone that works with other airports a few week ago and it seems okay. Just saying.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 01:17:58 am by Butch »

chumley

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 07:11:43 am »
Why would that be a source of enjoyment?

Beyond me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 10:14:58 am »
The Utube video was meant to be enjoyed. ya know, a funny, a ha ha ha.  This was just a little levity for an otherwise somber world.Sounds like you don't have a sense of humor.  I'm  sure "others" out there found it humorous as I did.

??? I'm really losing you now...

I just told you we took the time to MODEL a dancing marshaller in GSX, as you suggested we might, HAD we the sense of humor we are supposedly lacking...

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2017, 06:42:46 pm »
Why would that be a source of enjoyment?

Beyond me.

Really? I find it very enjoyable. It gives FSX a little bit of "life". In the real world, people sneak in a little fun on the job every once in a while, too. I've made him dance quite a few times, and I still giggle every time. I wouldn't mind it if the baggage handlers would fool around a little bit, too. They just stand there patiently by their loaders doing nothing. Whenever I'm at the airport, I see them walking around picking up debris off the ramp, talking to each other, and I've even seen a few playing catch with a football or kicking a hacky sack between departures & arrivals.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

toriu

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2017, 10:58:58 pm »
I have had the dancing marshaller a few times but no catchy music to accompany him. Am I missing a wav file somewhere?
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 09:03:57 am »
I have had the dancing marshaller a few times but no catchy music to accompany him. Am I missing a wav file somewhere?

It's probably a bit low to be heard from your eyepoint position. The source of the sound is the marshaller itself (as if he was wearing headphones with music), so you might have to be outside and closer to him.