Author Topic: OHareX/BGLMANX/COATL Prevent FSX from starting  (Read 4481 times)

cw5301

OHareX/BGLMANX/COATL Prevent FSX from starting
« on: March 24, 2017, 06:48:13 pm »
After re-installing OhareX on a new fresh install of FSX (after having to remove and reinstall due to COATL/BGLMANX problems before), FSX will now not start and hangs on the splash screen.

I tried uninstalling all FSDT products and Addon Manager, which resulted in the dreaded "FSX was unable to load some programs" error. I re-installed OhareX and JFK2, which included Addon Manager and was back to the splash screen hang, immediately after a message saying "OhareX is not activated on this computer. Would you like to activate it now".

I tried reinstalling both the MS C++ 2005 redistributables (both 32 and 64 bit), replacing the bglmanx.dll with the substitutes provided in another thread, uninstalling OhareX, and uninstalling OhareX, JFK2, and Addon Manager. I tried deleting bglmanx.dll entirely, even though I have other add-ons that depend on it.

FSX still hangs and I still get "OhareX is installed but not activated. Would you like to activate it now.", even though OhareX has been uninstalled. I searched the registry and found a key for OhareX even though it was uninstalled. I deleted the key and now don't get the prompt, but FSX still hangs at the splash screen. There must be some program still installed that was reading that key that is causing FSX to hang.

All I want to do is delete all FSDT products and have a copy of FSX that will run. Is there a way to do that? Is there any way to read what module, dll, program, or add-on is causing FSX to hang?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: OHareX/BGLMANX/COATL Prevent FSX from starting
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 10:28:29 pm »
replacing the bglmanx.dll with the substitutes provided in another thread, uninstalling OhareX, and uninstalling OhareX, JFK2, and Addon Manager. I tried deleting bglmanx.dll entirely, even though I have other add-ons that depend on it.

Do not manually replace anything. Only run the CURRENT installers, and nothing else.

A question: do you use Windows Vista perhaps ?

cw5301

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 02:46:27 am »
You don't think I did that?

Your software effectively wiped out months of work. It fits every definition of malware. I had to wipe the entire machine.

I will gnaw my own arm off at the shoulder before I have any product of yours on any machine I own ever again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 05:07:25 pm »
Your software effectively wiped out months of work

No, it hasn't. You did.

I had to wipe the entire machine.

You shouldn't have done that and nobody told you to do that, and you cannot blame the software for your wrong independent decision.

I will gnaw my own arm off at the shoulder before I have any product of yours on any machine I own ever again.

Next time you decide to do a mistake on your own, ask for help, and we could have arranged a remote assistance session, like we did so many times, and I could have fix this quite easily, pointing you out to the error in your configuration that didn't obviously had anything to do with our software, and without having to "wipe" anything.

There are diagnostic tools that can be used to find these problem, and the forum is not really the place to teach their usage. Which is why, when the most common suggestions fails, the best option is to just fix this remotely. In all (MANY) sessions I had over the years, not a SINGLE time the problem was "caused" by our software, there were always OTHER issues too, and the user was always GRATEFUL to have system checked and fixed, even for issues not remotely related to our products.

Now, you did this, so we would never know what really caused it.