Author Topic: g3d.dll CTD  (Read 15442 times)

Altiar125

g3d.dll CTD
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:02:38 pm »
Hello,

I have Honolulu; vols. 1 & 2 of the Hawaii airports. When flying out of one of the airports, I will always eventually get a g3d.dll CTD after a random amount of time (could be as little as 30 min or as long as an hour). Thanks in advance for any help.

Tyler Firman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: g3d.dll CTD
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 04:43:26 pm »
Try to turn off AI traffic. If the crashes stops, you would know for sure it wasn't the scenery but, most likely, a corrupted/missing texture for an AI that starts there, so you might be assuming it's a problem of the airport, because it happens *there*.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 04:59:49 pm »
 Also have a read through the AVSIM FSX/P3d CTD guide, it offers lots of ideas on what might be wrong in your setup.

Altiar125

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 12:34:37 am »
Also have a read through the AVSIM FSX/P3d CTD guide, it offers lots of ideas on what might be wrong in your setup.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll be sure to do that.

Altiar125

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 12:38:32 am »
Try to turn off AI traffic. If the crashes stops, you would know for sure it wasn't the scenery but, most likely, a corrupted/missing texture for an AI that starts there, so you might be assuming it's a problem of the airport, because it happens *there*.

I tried as suggested to no avail, however I should add that I recently installed AS16, don't remember getting any CTD's in and around the Hawaiian airports before this, however I haven't flown Hawaii in quite a while.. and I don't receive the CTD anywhere else in the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 10:16:51 pm »
I should add that I recently installed AS16, don't remember getting any CTD's in and around the Hawaiian airports before this

So the next step would be, of course, trying with AS16 disabled.

Shom

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 10:23:25 am »
Hi,
I am having the same issue around (and only around) Kahului.
Has anyone pinpointed the problem? If it is AI or Active sky related?
Using P3D v4.

Shom

lerbech

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 07:39:25 pm »
Hi,
I am having the same issue around (and only around) Kahului.
Has anyone pinpointed the problem? If it is AI or Active sky related?
Using P3D v4.

Shom

I have been out of PHNL several times and only one time I had a g3d CTD. The reason was a military jet. I'm using Mytraffic 6 and after changing the name of the Mytrafficmil.bgl. in the scenery folder to Mytrafficmil.bgl.off everything worked nice (although it's a challenge to takeoff with a heavy loaded 747 on rwy8L as ATC wanted me to do yesterday).

marknie

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 08:08:05 am »
Once again, FSDT selling products they should not sell. They dont work properly and crash the sim.  Greed and money. They need to be sued to stop doing this to people!
Capn Mark Niebauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 09:32:30 am »
Once again, FSDT selling products they should not sell. They dont work properly and crash the sim.  Greed and money. They need to be sued to stop doing this to people!

It seems you have missed last message from Shom:

The reason was a military jet. I'm using Mytraffic 6 and after changing the name of the Mytrafficmil.bgl. in the scenery folder to Mytrafficmil.bgl.off everything worked nice

So, please, stop posting such nonsense, which is even more absurd, considering we are selling everything in TRIAL VERSION, and all our updates for existing product in P3D 4 has always be FREE and, as this post clearly confirmed, they work just fine.

nazethc

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 10:04:57 pm »
I have had the same crashes around hawaii...ran procmon and a file caught my eye after the crash.  If you guys have xwaterloop.wav in your p3d sound folder, rename it to xwaterloop.wavoff and retry.  I did that and have had 2 successful flight to hawaii since.

Sabretooth78

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2019, 05:17:08 am »
I have had the same crashes around hawaii...ran procmon and a file caught my eye after the crash.  If you guys have xwaterloop.wav in your p3d sound folder, rename it to xwaterloop.wavoff and retry.  I did that and have had 2 successful flight to hawaii since.

I'm trying to diagnose a fairly predictable CTD that I'm suspecting is due to the Global AI Ships traffic.  One step I took was to remove the sound files (easy since I have it installed via addon.xml) and while that did get me past the fairly repeatable CTD point  (about 20 nm west of MKK) one or two times, I've found it isn't foolproof - I've still gotten either CTDs at that same point, or freezes trying to load at PHNL.  All from the same save file, so time, weather, etc. is consistent.  Seems it's probably a better bet just to disable them while flying around Hawaii.

Ditto Mytrafficmil.bgl - that's not the culprit in this case either, because it was already off!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 05:31:00 am by Sabretooth78 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2019, 12:30:52 pm »
I'm trying to diagnose a fairly predictable CTD that I'm suspecting is due to the Global AI Ships traffic

Yes, it's a known problem.